Kay Leslie's Reviews > The Dovekeepers

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: adult-5-star-all-time-favorites, adult-biblical, historical-fic-adult, adult-favorite-author, lydia
Read in November, 2011

I love the way Hoffman brought to life the people, their world and the tragedy of Masada. This book is now on my 5 star list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dovekeepers.

message 1: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Leslie Once again Alice Hoffman has penned a book full of passion,courage,fear,triumph and anguish. I have read about the mountain fortress of Masada in the 1st century and wondered about the people who lived and died there. Hoffman gives life to four women who through different journeys to Masada join together to become the Dovekeepers.