Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Love, Lies and Wedding Cake

Love, Lies and Wedding Cake by Sue Watson

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version

4 Wedded Bliss stars to Love, Lies, and Wedding Cake! πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚

I am not much of a royal watcher, but I have Royal Wedding fever! I’ve found myself obsessed with Meghan and Harry and their genuine love for each other. So, reading Love, Lies, and Wedding Cake on the heels of that experience was apropos, even if in the form of a fun and heartwarming rom com!

Faye and her Aussie boyfriend, Dan, have traveled the world together experiencing all the most romantic locations. The fun stops when Dan proposes and wants Faye to join him in Australia. Faye has a daughter and is not so sure about uprooting her life, even if Dan is her dream guy.

Love, Lies, and Wedding Cake is all about second chances and following your heart. In true rom com style, I was laughing, and I had warm fuzzies by the end. Once again, these are the best books for lifting my spirits and breaking up heavier reads.

Thank you to Sue Watson, Bookouture, and Netgalley for the ARC. Love, Lies and Wedding Cake is now available!

My reviews can also be found on my blog. www.jennifertarheelreader.com
68 likes ·  βˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Lies and Wedding Cake.

May 19, 2018 – Started Reading
May 19, 2018 – Shelved
May 19, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
May 19, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
May 19, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
May 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by Virginia (new)

Virginia C Excellent review! I need a fun read.
Australia should do it. 🍰

Babydimps (Suzy) Sounds fun! I am also obsessed with Meghan & Harry! Great review! 😊

message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this one was a spirit lifting read, Jennifer ;) Fantastic review!! xoxo

Norma * Traveling Sister Fabulous review, Jennifer!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Aww, sweet review, Jennifer! :)

message 6: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce Lovely review, Jennifer!

message 7: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, Jennifer! Glad you had some laughing moments with this read! xoxo

message 8: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Love a book that gives you warm fuzzies! Great review, Jennifer!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Awesome review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed it and made you laugh.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Love your review Jennifer. Glad it gave you warm fuzzies...sometimes only a book with do!

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) Your review gave me warm fuzzies - and I had Royal Wedding fever, too!! :)

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Warm fuzzies!! Love that! Great review, Jennifer!!

message 13: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Great review Jennifer!! Glad to see the 4 stars 😊❀️

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fantastic review Jennifer! :)

message 15: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Love your review, Jennifer, I was more interested in watching Meghan and Harry than I had been with Diana's wedding, and it was so different, so many changes since then with the "royals." My brother told me he came home after the wedding was over and asked his step-daughter (a teenager) if she took notes during the "Royal Wedding," and she replied, "Who got married? Justin Bieber?" Cracked me up.

message 16: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Sounds great Jennifer!

message 17: by JanB (new)

JanB Cute cover and terrific review Jennifer - a perfect book for the week of the royal wedding :-)

Dash fan Wonderful review Jennifer πŸ’• x

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Virginia wrote: "Excellent review! I need a fun read.
Australia should do it. 🍰"

Thanks so much, Virginia! I hope you enjoy it! Australia is fun! Xo

Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Sounds fun! I am also obsessed with Meghan & Harry! Great review! 😊"

Thanks, Suzy! Aren’t they fun to watch?!

KAS wrote: "Glad this one was a spirit lifting read, Jennifer ;) Fantastic review!! xoxo"

Thanks so much, KAS! Xo 😘

Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Fabulous review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Norma!

Michelle wrote: "Aww, sweet review, Jennifer! :)"

Thanks, Michelle!

Marialyce wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Marialyce!

Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer! Glad you had some laughing moments with this read! xoxo"

Thanks, Nazanin! Me, too! Love to laugh! Xo πŸ’œ

Meredith wrote: "Love a book that gives you warm fuzzies! Great review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Meredith! It’s the best!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Awesome review, Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed it and made you laugh."

Thanks, Mary Beth!

Lisa wrote: "Love your review Jennifer. Glad it gave you warm fuzzies...sometimes only a book with do!"

Thanks so much, Lisa! So true!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jaline wrote: "Your review gave me warm fuzzies - and I had Royal Wedding fever, too!! :)"

Aww, thanks, Jaline! Glad to be in good company with you!

Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Warm fuzzies!! Love that! Great review, Jennifer!!"

Thanks, Mack!

Kendall wrote: "Great review Jennifer!! Glad to see the 4 stars 😊❀️"

Thanks, Kendall! πŸ’•

Sandra wrote: "Fantastic review Jennifer! :)"

Thanks so much, Sandra!

Cheri wrote: "Love your review, Jennifer, I was more interested in watching Meghan and Harry than I had been with Diana's wedding, and it was so different, so many changes since then with the "royals." My brothe..."

Thanks, Cheri, and so true! Too funny about your niece! Lol

Holly wrote: "Sounds great Jennifer!"

Thanks, Holly!

JanB wrote: "Cute cover and terrific review Jennifer - a perfect book for the week of the royal wedding :-)"

Thanks, Jan! It was!

Dash fan wrote: "Wonderful review Jennifer πŸ’• x"

Thanks so much, Dash! πŸ’—

message 21: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Wonderful review Jennifer!! Reminders about taking second chances are fabulous Love those. :). Seeing reviews about the royals makes me feel so guilty.. I'm half British - and I didn't watch Meghan and Harry's wedding. LOL!

message 22: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Wonderful review, Jennifer!

message 23: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Walters Loved your warm fuzzy-review! I still wonder if Meghan will return to the show "Suits" -- Do you watch it?. Paul and I love it the show.
She's engaged to marry a guy named Mike on the show -- (we shall see) .....lol

Paul and I watched the Royal Wedding too --(we were in bed --that early morning) -- Pretty amazing to watch!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Susanne wrote: "Wonderful review Jennifer!! Reminders about taking second chances are fabulous Love those. :). Seeing reviews about the royals makes me feel so guilty.. I'm half British - and I didn't watch Meghan..."

Aw, thanks Suze, and don’t feel guilty! Second chances are the best! πŸ’•

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Dee! β™₯️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Elyse wrote: "Loved your warm fuzzy-review! I still wonder if Meghan will return to the show "Suits" -- Do you watch it?. Paul and I love it the show.
She's engaged to marry a guy named Mike on the show -- (we s..."

Thanks, Elyse! Yes, that would have been very early for you to watch! I have not watched Suits, but I should- knowing you enjoy it, and to see Meghan at least in re-runs! I’m not sure if she’s returning, but the commentators at the wedding made it seem like she was giving up acting, which is sad. It’s hard to do it all, and apparently, they will have her schedule very filled! Xo 😘