Shanice Singh's Reviews > Hero at the Fall

Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton

bookshelves: print-books

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. With most of the Rebels either imprisoned or dead, Amani needs to figure how to stop the king and she needs to do it fast. But she's just a girl from the corner of the desert who knows nothing about war and strategy. Amani's constant self-doubt both annoyed and surprised me (have you ever seen a main character doubt themselves? Because this book made me realize how I just automatically assume main characters know everything). It also didn't help matters that all of Amani's decisions kept leading the team into danger. It eventually becomes obvious that Amani really does know nothing about being a rebel. This book concluded the series brilliantly and I'm especially glad that when I read this for the first time I didn't have a book slump (as opposed to book one and two which I had to re-read in order to enjoy it). I've said it before and I'll say it again. Binge-read this series. You won't regret it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero at the Fall.

May 19, 2018 – Started Reading
May 19, 2018 – Shelved
May 19, 2018 – Shelved as: print-books
page 73
14.43% "I'm about 90% sure Amani is going to have to die here. Also *spoiler alert* they literally just made reference to her possibly dying. *end spoiler alert*
I'm tried of these YA trilogies with corrupt governments and teenagers dying. Just stop it already!"
page 114