Brenda's Reviews > Master of the Mountain

Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair

In order to save her relationship (which I never understand. How can screwing other people make your relationship stronger?) Rebecca agrees to go to a swingers retreat with her loser boyfriend Matt. From the moment she arrives Rebecca feels uncomfortable and wishes she had stayed home. She also feels drawn to one of the owners of the lodge where the retreat is being held.

Logan is an ex-soldier who is trying not to let his PTSD win. He still feels guilt over an incident that happened with his brother a few years earlier (view spoiler) and because of that he doesn't want a commitment with his Becca. Tries to convince both her and himself that it's only for this weekend.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to anyone who wants to read a book with BDSM in it. I especially like that the hero appreciates the heroine for who she is and loves how she looks. =)

CAUTION: The following may contain spoilers. *** READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

I admit that I did like the story. The following is just some opinions that may sound a little like a rant. It is. Doesn't mean I didn't like the story. =)

Matt didn't tell his girlfriend he belonged to a swingers club before they started sleeping together? What a jerk. Plus I don't think he was truly a swinger. I think he joined the club as a way to have an affair with Ashley, an annoying perky blonde with big boobs, who I really wish Rebecca had clocked with the wine bottle just once.

Rebecca's mom did not need surgery. She needed a shrink.

That's all. End of rant/opinions. I'll just say again that I did like the story very much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Mountain.

01/03/2013