Katy's Reviews > JournalStone's 2011 Warped Words: 90 Minutes to Live

bookshelves: ebook, librarything-win
Recommended to Katy by: Christopher Payne
Recommended for: readers
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

Please note: I read and reviewed this book in December 2011. I'm updating the formatting and adding a disclosure.

Disclosure: I won an ARC copy of this book through the LibraryThing Early Reviewer's program in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments: “90 Minutes to Live” consists of the winning short stories for the 2011 Journalstone Warped Words contest. Each story had to contain two elements – a 90 minute deadline before death, and a lock of hair. The variety of stories is amazing – while they are mostly horror and science fiction, there is a wonderfully well-written fantasy story, and a couple of young adult stories as well, one of which was very funny. An amazing array of talent, this is an anthology for those who love a variety of fiction, love reading, and love new ideas. I can highly recommend this book – pick it up, and have a great read!

Additional comments: I apologize for the lack of detail in this review, but since this book consists of flash fiction, I could really not go into any sort of detail about any of the particular stories, because that would create spoilers. However, again: I can highly recommend this book – pick it up, and have a great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read JournalStone's 2011 Warped Words.

Bill Patterson Thank you, Katy. I had a lot of fun writing about Roque.

Katy Bill wrote: "Thank you, Katy. I had a lot of fun writing about Roque."

OH, that was a WONDERFUL story!! Thanks for commenting - I'm glad you liked my review, short and sweet as it was! :-)

Bill Patterson In case you're interested, my NaNo this year was writing all the backstory for Roque and Lisa and the rest of the crew. Yup, it's going to be a novel. Summer-time, I think, is when I'll start shopping it around.

Katy Bill wrote: "In case you're interested, my NaNo this year was writing all the backstory for Roque and Lisa and the rest of the crew. Yup, it's going to be a novel. Summer-time, I think, is when I'll start sho..."

Oh, wonderful! You have my permission to let me know when it is available so I can add it to my list to grab when I have the chance :-)