Nadia Awadi's Reviews > Little Monsters

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

I'm happy to announce that even amongst the Mystery, Lies and Deciet. I managed to find a fictional boyfriend and also ship people.

I probably have a problem. *cough* probably *cough*

And after that great intellectual introduction: Let's get down to business, to defeat the Huns I have been listening to too many Disney songs lately. Let's just start talking about the book!

Rating 4.5 stars

After moving to Broken Falls, Kacey finds herself alone with a new family. It's probably a good thing that Bailey and Jade took her under their wing and became her only friends. Or is it? Because after Bailey's disappearance and possible murder. Lies are unravelling one after the other. And no one is innocent.

Sooo, I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't stop reading it and turned into a mummy for the whole day. I finished it in two sittings.

Things I liked:

The plot
It had supernatural elements, mystery and general creepiness. I just loved it! A little bit slow at first but once it started picking up, it PICKED UP!
I was holding my breath the whole time, and released it surprisingly: like every YA female character on earth.

But seriously, this book will keep you at the edge of your seat. Doing this:

The unreliable MC
To be Honest, she's not THAT unreliable. But she has some shady past and darkness in her. And it was entertaining to doubt her. Also, she's a pretty decent character. I liked her.

EVERYONE IS SHADY AF
Once you get to the second half of the book. You will soon realise, that no one is completely innocent. I even suspected my fictional boyfriend of this book: Andrew. I felt like detective CONAN the whole time, trying to solve the case.

Family
The family is actually in the house! and they also play a part in the book.

It' not only mystery, murder and scary teenagers
The book handles other issues while also things are going to s**t. Like family, friendship, daddy issues, mommy issues and just issues in general.

My baby Andrew
Everything was going to hell and there I was, getting butterflies thanks to Andrew. He was just too cute. And he has mental issues even though he's a guy and this is a YA book.

(view spoiler)

Things I kind of didn't like

I figured it out
I wasn't surprised that much. I'm usually oblivious to plot twists like a blind detective. Yet, I figured it out. Don't worry, I found out 'things' pretty late, almost at the end which made me kind of, proud of myself.

Mother-Daughter relationship
Should've been more explored and not that easily set aside.

I recommend this to anyone who enjoys mystery, unreliable characters and Pretty Little Liars. It reminded me of the show especially the Lies and weird friendship.

Hope you enjoyed this review and thank you for reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Monsters.

May 17, 2018 – Shelved
June 27, 2018 – Started Reading
June 27, 2018 –
June 28, 2018 –
page 124
36.9% "When you find out that the MC is kind of unreliable and there's a murder case.

"
June 28, 2018 –
page 295
87.8% "This is soo intense, like Pretty Little liars with less romance. And we have a GIRL FIGHT!

"
June 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Karima chermiti Good luck with this book, it's a doozy

Nadia Awadi I did finish it. And tunisian readers! yaay. Thanks for the comment.