Iris's Reviews > Allegiant

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

liked it
bookshelves: dystopian, read-in-2018, 3-and-a-half-stars, whatever, so-much-fun

3.5

That was actually pretty good. I even had emotions. But ummm... It was nothing special. I enjoyed it sure, but... I just don't care.

It was intense and gripping, as well as really easy to read. I enjoyed it well enough I guess...

The writing is pretty cringey. It's just... REALLY unimpressive. It reads as very juvenile, and inexperienced. It's not BAD, it's just... cringey. It was easy to read mostly, but sometimes I just had to stop and cringe, because just what even did I just read?! Uggghh.

Ummm... The characters. Yeah, they existed... Honestly though, the character development in this one was fairly good. I went from hating Tris in the first one, to barely tolerating her in the second, to just plain indifference in this one. So that was some pretty impressive development right there. 😂

And Four was significantly better again. I can see what I liked about him from the first book again, and... we can just not talk about him in the second book, because he sucked in it.
I loved getting chapters from his perspective, and WHY couldn't he have just narrated all along, not Tris?!

And the side characters were good. Everyone I cared about died almost, but... they were good.

And then there was the ending. You know, THAT big controversial thing. Ummm... I actually liked it. For the wrong REASONS, but I liked it. Also it was spoiled for me. Yay for spoilers! Grrrr.

Anyways my thoughts: (view spoiler)

Sooo... A mediocre end to a mediocre series, but enjoyable enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Allegiant.

May 16, 2018 – Started Reading
May 16, 2018 – Shelved
May 16, 2018 –
page 1
0.19% "Let's see where this goes shall we?"
May 17, 2018 –
page 172
32.7% "Wow, this is getting super interesting!

Although is it bad that I'm more invested in Caleb's story than I am in Tris's...? I think that's bad. Oops."
May 17, 2018 –
page 476
90.49% "So I've just gotten to... you know... That big controversial thing that happens... (which I got spoiled for ages ago)

And I feel... marginally more emotional over it than I thought I would. As in, I ACTUALLY feel emotional about it...

But barely. And I honestly would have been much more emotional if it HADN'T happened, and things had gone according to plan... because priorities.

Oops."