Melanie's Reviews > House of Earth and Blood

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2020, angels, romance, new-adult, fae, witches, vampires, urban, signed, shifters, paranormal, magic, buddy-reads, maëlys, quarantine-reads, audible
Read 2 times. Last read October 15, 2020 to October 22, 2020.

am i rereading this 1k page book with maëlys so i can write a "good" character limit review because i didn't in march and now it has been too long? yes

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Buddy read with Maëlys! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Earth and Blood.

May 16, 2018 – Shelved
0.12% "see you on the other side. god speed, friends. happy reading. ❤️

March 5, 2020 –
33.0% "nothing but respect for MY Hunt
March 8, 2020 –
80.0% "can i finish this last 20% before the backlist readathon starts at midnight? 🤔

March 9, 2020 – Shelved as: witches
October 15, 2020 – Shelved as: maëlys
October 15, 2020 – Shelved as: quarantine-reads
October 15, 2020 – Shelved as: audible
October 22, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)

Warda I SO cannot wait for this. Her board looks amazing! 😍

Melanie Warda wrote: "I SO cannot wait for this. Her board looks amazing! 😍"

Right, love? Ahhh! So excited! But I hope you're having the happiest of reading right now, Warda! 💖xx

message 3: by Gelisvb (new) - added it

Gelisvb Me too

Melanie Gelisvb wrote: "Me too"

message 5: by Gelisvb (new) - added it

Gelisvb Melanie wrote: "Gelisvb wrote: "Me too"

We should buddy read this one together, love! Win or lose, at least we will have each other! 💖xx"

:-) sure!

message 6: by Clinton (new) - added it

Clinton Read I couldn't agree more girl!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

COVER

Crescent City is an urban fantasy series for adults, and by the sounds of things it’s going to be a little darker and grittier than anything you’ve seen from Sarah J. Maas before. It will be kicking off with House of Earth and Blood, in which a brutal murder ignites the wild and dangerous city of Lunathion, and it will rest on a fallen angel and a young woman (half-Fae, half-human, and 100% trouble) to solve the case.

There will be magic, danger, and banter a-plenty – and since it’s Sarah J. Maas, it goes without saying that the romance will be off the charts.

Sarah J. Maas - Crescent City
The Tea Room at Queen Victoria Building
Sarah spoke with so much obvious passion and excitement about her new series, she had all the booksellers in attendance hanging on her every word. It was abundantly clear to all of us that the Crescent City series is going to present readers with a complex and enchanting new world full of colourful new characters.

We heard all about Bryce Quinlan, the main character who sounds like she’s going to be just as strong-willed, kickass, and brazen as we have come to expect from all of Sarah J. Maas’ heroines. We also heard some intriguing details about a brooding and mysterious fallen angel, a playboy prince with a loyal crew of whisky-drinking friends, and so many tantalising tidbits about this new world – such as the fact that it will have modern technology!

Isabella (The Feminist Bookworm) Bethany and I are both loving this book!

Erin Ended up pre-ordering a signed copy from B&N because of Bethany’s vlog 😂

message 10: by Aoife - Bookish_Babbling (last edited Jan 04, 2020 01:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aoife - Bookish_Babbling I've just seen Bethany's vlog too!!!!
Girl has me hyped 😎👍📚

message 11: by Rhonda (new) - added it

Rhonda Can't wait for this one!!!

Melanie Clinton wrote: "I couldn't agree more girl!"

💖xx

Melanie Isabella (The Feminist Bookworm) wrote: "Bethany and I are both loving this book!"

💖xx

Melanie Erin wrote: "Ended up pre-ordering a signed copy from B&N because of Bethany’s vlog 😂"

she is such an angel! 💖xx

Melanie Aoife - Bookish_Babbling wrote: "I've just seen Bethany's vlog too!!!!
Girl has me hyped 😎👍📚"

her power, baby (& yours) 💖xx

Melanie Rhonda wrote: "Can't wait for this one!!!"

so excited! 💖xx

jerica (-_-✿) Just watched her vlog. We're going to get a bit of smut and Idk, I'm kind of mad? but I saw this coming though.

message 18: by kyra (new) - rated it 5 stars

kyra i cant wait for this book! i'm wondering how it will be since she's known to write smut so im curious how her adult books are going to be

❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) Oh my god! So excited! I'm getting this one as soon as it comes out.

Simone I'm so ready!!!

C R O N C H Okay, tbh... Maas needs to stop writing all about Fae stuff. Like find something else except shirtless fae dudes.

Melanie lu lun (-_-✿) wrote: "Just watched her vlog. We're going to get a bit of smut and Idk, I'm kind of mad? but I saw this coming though."

valid, bb. i'm still wishing you the happiest of reading! 💕xx

Melanie CapricornReads- Kyra wrote: "i cant wait for this book! i'm wondering how it will be since she's known to write smut so im curious how her adult books are going to be"

i am so dang curious myself! 💕xx

Melanie ❀ Alex ❀ wrote: "Oh my god! So excited! I'm getting this one as soon as it comes out."

*heavy breathing* only a few more hours 💕xx

Melanie Simone wrote: "I'm so ready!!!"

happy reading, bb! 💕xx

Melanie Franz wrote: "Okay, tbh... Maas needs to stop writing all about Fae stuff. Like find something else except shirtless fae dudes."

valid, bb.... but she mighta switched it up with shirtless angels this time around, to be fair.. lmaosdjfhsk 💕xx

C R O N C H Oh, my god! Can we just stop with the shirtless dudes? And have more rep for other communities?

C R O N C H But yeah... I get your joke

Mariah let's goooooo

❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) Just ordered this book and it’ll arrive Friday! How is it so far?

message 31: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Castillo  What you just start the new Sarah j maas book

message 32: by Autumn Byrd (last edited Mar 07, 2020 03:21PM) (new) - added it

Autumn Byrd Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it and that gif is perfection! 💜

message 33: by Azia (new) - added it

Azia Reads OMG I've been so ready to order this book .. it's about time. i read it !

Madison Can't wait for the review!! I ended up giving this book a 3/3.5 star rating

Melanie Mariah wrote: "let's goooooo"

i'm seeing that 4 star rating and i'm happy, bb! i hope you're currently having happy reading, too! 🖤xx

Melanie ❀ Alex ❀ wrote: "Just ordered this book and it’ll arrive Friday! How is it so far?"

i hope you're having happy reading, bb! i really enjoyed this one! 🖤xx

Melanie Maria wrote: "What you just start the new Sarah j maas book"

it took me almost a week, but she has been read! hahaha! i hope you're having happy reading, bb! 🖤xx

Melanie Autumn Byrd wrote: "Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it and that gif is perfection! 💜"

love youuuuwu 🖤xx

Melanie Azia wrote: "OMG I've been so ready to order this book .. it's about time. i read it !"

happy reading, azia love! 🖤xx

Melanie Madison wrote: "Can't wait for the review!! I ended up giving this book a 3/3.5 star rating"

that's honestly how i feel, too. like... im craving the next book already? hahaha! i hope you're having happy reading after, bb! 🖤xx

message 41: by Zainab Queen (new) - added it

Zainab Queen cool thats amzing i love sara.j

Sunita Jhagroosingh Never read,but will check it out

Sunita Jhagroosingh I,m so ready

Sunita Jhagroosingh ME TOO GURL!

noémie I only read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and gave up on the series, and yet I'm REALLY curious about this one? I heard it has shapeshifting/shapeshifters can anyone confirm? But I'm definitely considering reading it!!

❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) @Noémie I can confirm! Threes are shapeshifters!

noémie thank you so much @alex 🤍

Simone I'm 52% into the book. It started with a lot of info at first. So I switched to reading along while listening and that helped a lot. Now I'm in love with the book. I love the chemistry between Bryce and Hunt and man, I want a pet chimera lol

message 49: by Fefe (new)

Fefe Loved your first vlog, can't wait to watch this one and read your review

Becky Boudreau I know you didn't love this as much as I did, but I'm so so excited to read your review <3

« previous 1