Deborah J Miles's Reviews > If You Love Me, I'm Yours

If You Love Me, I'm Yours by Lizzie Chantree

bookshelves: blog-tour, recomendations

The review goes live on my blog on 9th July as part of a blog tour.

I was attracted to the book by the description of three friends with issues to address and the pretty cover - and I'm not a lover of the colour pink normally!

What a lovely, well-written, funny, romantic tale about the life-changing decisions each character needs to make to bring happiness and fulfilment. Reading about Maud's parents lack of encouragement for what she really wanted to do in life, struck a chord with me. I felt rather sad for her, as she must have been crushed as a child, and continued to be controlled by her mother, who dictated everything from how she must dress to what type of man she should date, and who was still constantly disappointed that Maud was not 'perfect'. Is it any wonder she has low self-esteem and does not believe in her own ability?

I loved the quirky Dot, whose need to fit in with her own family, makes her present herself in an over-the-top, ridiculous way. The polar opposite of Maud. These two needed each other's friendship to instil confidence and find balance, in order to reveal their true selves. And of course a little romance doesn't hurt. Bring on the men, who also have issues to overcome before they can be truly happy.

I really enjoyed reading this book, and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a contemporary romance.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Love Me, I'm Yours.

May 15, 2018 – Shelved