Avid Reader's Reviews > Marek

Marek (Cold Fury Hockey #11) by Sawyer Bennett
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: blackmail
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Marek is angry and hurt that Gracen decided to keep the fact that he was a father hidden from him for so many years. When he finds out, he is so angry, yet happy and those conflicting emotions make him march right to them and demand that Gracen and Lilly move in with him so that he can get to know his daughter. Marek's on ice persona is tough and rugged. So when he is unable to curb his snide remarks and continues to hurt Gracen, despite her regret for not telling him, he finds that he's confusing both himself and his daughter.

Gracen is very upset with her decision to hide that fact that she was pregnant from Marek. However, after a few weeks of abuse by him, she stands up for herself and points out that he was the one who wanted a different life... a life without her in it. It was her decision, but it was also based on his own actions. After she stopped allowing Marek to treat her poorly, then her ex shows up and threatens her! This poor lady's love life is kind of a mess. But, one thing that she never waivers on is her love for Lilly and her commitment to allowing Marek and Lilly to bond.

This was a sweet second chance romance story. I think that Lilly helped to sweeten the story a lot. I wonder if there will be more in this series, but have enjoyed all of the ones that I've read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marek.

Finished Reading