Nandi Crawford's Reviews > Once Upon a Project

Once Upon a Project by Bettye Griffin

Jun 07, 2008

bookshelves: black-chick-lit, ghetto-urban-tales, the-story-and-glory-of-love
Read in June, 2008

I spent thirteen years of my early life in the projects, and it was interesting to say the least. I have a friend that used to live in the projects where I live get in touch with me about a year or so ago, and we keep in touch now. Anyhow, this book is about a set of friends who once lived in a Chicago housing project who reunited for a Reunion Luncheon. Each of the women did very well with themselves, and it talked about their lives and the choices made. One was an attorney and carried a torch for a first love. Another got pregnant and married twice, but did very well with her life as a PR executive. Another became a an accountant, but became a stay at home mother because her husband was a millionaire with his own company. and yet another became a physical therapist, married an older man who got sick. I really enjoyed reading it because I could identify but at the same time, I wondered how they did the things that they did do. Good and interesting read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Project.