Dhezza Silverio's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Nov 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from July 08 to 16, 2012

Karou knew she's different. A tattooed, blue-haired girl and can speak 27 languages only because she made a wish. Her friends thought that her wild stories and sketches was only fiction because she wants them to think. She was raised and lived in a fantastical shop with a Wishmonger, Brimstone with their Chimaera family. Brimstone grant a wish to humans in trade of a teeth. There's a door in the store which open in different cities. Karou uses it for her errands in favor of Brimstone. And there's another door that she wasn't allowed to enter but she did it anyway. She saw many chimaera dead or in the process of something then she was caught and Brimstone saved her. After that, Brimstone really angry and told Karou to leave and don't come back.

Akiva, a soldier want to end the Chimaera existence and put an end to Brimstone evil doings. He encountered a blue-haired girl. A girl he feels strangely familiar and a girl he cannot stay away from.. but still he burned the doors associating the Chimaera even it hurt that girl.

I liked it. It's really romantic what happen to Akiva and the Chimaera girl way back. Fighting for each other despite of their nature. I'm glad Brimstone preserve the soul of that Chimaera girl to a human, now Karou. The ending was a cliffhanger and I hate it. I wish Karou will forgive Akiva. Can't wait for the next book! :)

07/10/2012
20.0% "Please. Hurry up. I'm bored :)"
show 1 hidden update…