Melanie's Reviews > Wonderland Creek

Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: christian-romance, review-copy
Read in November, 2011

I liked this book. I am not a huge fan of Christian romance novels, but this didn’t feel like one. There is some romance, but it isn’t the center of the book. It took me a few chapters to get into the storyline, mainly because I rarely like books about people who love books or librarians because it feels forced, so when the story opened with a young librarian with her nose stuck in a book I almost wrote it off as a big cliché. I am so glad I didn’t because I really liked this story… A lot.

There is plenty of action, and a little romance, but it is the characters that really drove this story. I wanted to meet them, and I really felt like I could remember who everyone was! There wasn’t a single time in this story where I forgot who was who, or why they were important. This is unusual, because there are quite a number of people we meet along the way. Some of the characters I will remember for quite awhile (especially Lillie.) I will admit that the storyline ends extremely neatly with all loose ends tied up but I didn’t mind because I was not able to predict all the twists along the way. A Review copy was provided from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonderland Creek.