Caroline F's Reviews > Back to You

Back to You by Claudia Y. Burgoa

bookshelves: arc, second-chance, fave-author, friends-to-lovers, rwa

What a fantastic conclusion! This duet was a beautiful and emotional journey. LOVED IT!

"There can't be an us when I don't even have a me. I have to fix myself first."

Following on from the first book, Abby suffers a traumatic time that leaves her broken. The fragile blossoming of her relationship with Wes comes to a halt, as he discovers that he can't fix Abby, no matter how much he wants to.

"Since the first time I met you, there's something about you that called to me. Your soul, your heart, or maybe it was your pain."

As Abby sets herself up on the road to recovery, Wes' life falls apart. When they eventually come face to face again, Wes is determined to win Abby back, however, what they had before might not be enough to salvage, as they have become different people from what they were.

"I missed you with every fiber of my being. There's a part of my heart that's incomplete. You have it."

Oh, god, this story! It's such a desperately sad and anguish-filled tale, but told with such beauty and depth. Told from dual POV and sometimes through a series of heartwrenching letters, the characters have such strong identities.

Abby lived in denial, fear and guilt for so many years until she completely shattered. Wes himself hid his demons behind his gorgeous, perfect-son facade. When he couldn't save the one person he truly loved, it almost destroyed him. The author does so well to get behind their psychology.

Their journey back together was slow, painful and hindered by Abby's stubbornness. I felt that Wes had his work cut out for him, and I wanted to shake Abby sometimes to just give him a break!

Fabulous novel. Fabulous duet. Thoroughly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back to You.

May 14, 2018 – Shelved