Liliana Ianculescu's Reviews > The Tattooist of Auschwitz

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather   Morris

I thought it was a book based on fiction, until I got to the end. Lale was real, Gitta was real. I wanted to write that this book describes the journey of two young people who met and fell in love in a concentration camp, but the truth is this was not a journey. It was a life-altering experience, one I wish nobody would never have to go through in this day and age.
Lale is a young man from Slovakia who gets deported to Berchenau. He survived due to his soft skills, lack of silly ego and a strong will to survive. He meets Gitta who becomes his main reason to live.
The Nazi and the communists were equally cruel, and I really hope books like this are read by young people who still don't understand that hatred and nationalism is a sure path to destruction. This book could serve as an emotional and hard lesson for some :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tattooist of Auschwitz.

May 14, 2018 – Started Reading
May 14, 2018 – Shelved
May 14, 2018 – 0.0% "food is currency."
May 15, 2018 – 0.0% "I don't need to quote books to get girls, I've got this uniform."
May 18, 2018 – 0.0% "this is a man whose soul had died and his body is waiting to catch up with it."
May 27, 2018 – Finished Reading