Emily's Reviews > The Kill Order

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: out-of-this-world, own, ya-lit
Read from October 01 to 05, 2012

** spoiler alert ** ffffff, we have to wait until August?
And yeah, people, this is a prequel. It's before The Maze Runner even took place. I don't know what other people thought, but this trilogy is one of the best I've read and I don't like this genre of book. I am thoroughly looking forward to this book. I do have high expectations for it, and I do think they'll be met.

October 5, 2012
So, starting to read this, I kind of said to myself "what do Mark and Trina have to do with everything else?" but I gave it a chance because I knew the author had an underlying plan here. So I read it.

And it was really effing good.

I can only assume that Deedee became Teresa, because of the epilogue. Apparently there's a version with an extra chapter? I'm not sure which that is, so I don't know what went on in it. If Deedee did in fact become Teresa, than it was nice to have this backstory. I liked all these characters a lot - even Misty, Darnell and the Toad. Even though we really didn't get too many glimpses at them, I was sad when they died. But the one character I really liked was Alec. When he had to vaporize Lana, my heart broke. When he flew the Berg away for good, even when he got sick, my heart broke even more. I get these weird emotional attachments to characters and Alec was one of them. And of course, those are the characters that die or something.

Anyway, I thought this prequel was great. I want to reread the whole series - they are one series I recommend to anyone and everyone who needs something to read, and this book didn't let me down.

Does anyone know if he's writing another one, or was this it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Order.

10/04/2012 page 159
48.0% "So, I really like Alec. And I'm curious as to where to this is all going (and I do have some theories) but I like it so far!"
10/05/2012 page 267
81.0% "*spoiler* WHY WOULD YOU KILL LANA? Like I'd be sad for Mark if Trina died, but I feel so much worse for Alec. Probably because I have one of those weird, emotional attachments I tend to get to certain characters. WAH."
10/05/2012 page 303
92.0% "I swear if Alec dies..."
02/01/2016 marked as: read

Tori I thought DeeDee became Thomas's mom.

Kyle (view spoiler)

Mara Yeah, Deedee was Teresa. I'll admit, I was kinda irked that we didn't learn Thomas's real name. :-/

message 4: by Risa (new) - added it

Risa Nelson thank you!!!! everyone else doesn't like this book but i love it!!

Nicole (( lost in the book's world )) I am not sure....but Mark and Trina is Thomas' parents? But I didn't think that Deedee is become Teresa! Hah

Fatima So in the end Trina recognizes Mark? Please please tell me she does. I feel really bad that Mark would have to be alone at the end of his sanity. The end was kind of unclear but still an amazing book!

Michelle I loved this book and the whole series. Another book I would recommend is The Testing.

Emily Thanks for the recommendation Michelle! I'll check it out for sure!

Maryam Deedee is Teresa and Mark and Trina are Thomas' parents. I love how they're sort of connected but (possibly) don't even know it

Megan Robertson This is sadly it

Mellissa Wasserman Deedee did become Teresa and She had been living at wicked after mark sent her through the flat-trans, two years after being sent through Thomas was brought in and they met and became friends and a lady said they were going to work together to build a maze and get chips in their brains to talk telepathically. Read the last chapter, it brings it all into perspective!

Chaun Chambers Best Maze Runner book of them all!! I loved how he told the story with the flashbacks, great way to present it. I thought this was the best connection between characters in The Maze Runner series. Blew me away!!!!