Kimberly Sabatini's Reviews > Scarlet

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: mg-ya
Read 2 times. Last read February 8, 2012 to May 7, 2012.

OMG!!!! I loved this book. I'm going to start this review by announcing something that I NEVER expected to say (John--if you're reading this you should close your eyes and skip ahead) ROBIN HOOD IS MY NEW BOYFRIEND!!!! There, it's out in the open. Phew--I feel better now. I know that once you read this--you're going to want him too--but just remember I said it first and this post is time-stamped. But don't worry, you don't have to be turned away empty handed--Rob's band of Merry Men are pretty darn lovable too.

Then there's Scarlet, who is the only one that I'll let date my new boyfriend--because I like her that much. You are going to adore her journey as you read along. It starts with Scarlet, but you'll find it woven through the whole story-- AC Gaughen is a master of writing perfectly balanced characters. I give her my "Friday Night Lights Award" for making me find something redeemable and maybe even likable in ALMOST everyone.

Hang on, there's more to love about this book.

Lets take a minute to examine the unique plot twists and the creative take on a story that has been done a million times.There was nothing stale about this tale. THIS IS THE ROBIN HOOD THAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED! I love when I walk away from a great book knowing that that even though the story is fiction, the characters and their journey have become real. But even though I'm girlie gushing--make no mistakes--I'm picking up my own copy to read to my three boys because they are going to love it!!! There is palm-sweating, boy-loving, action and adventure too. This book is going to capture the attention of a broad audience and deservedly so.

So proud to be in the Class of 2k12 with AC Gaughen and SCARLET. <3 What are you waiting for--GO READ SCARLET!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlet.

Finished Reading
November 23, 2011 – Shelved
February 8, 2012 – Started Reading
February 8, 2012 – Shelved as: mg-ya
May 7, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Conny (new)

Conny You did it, now i want this book, gonna buy it NOW !!!

Kimberly Sabatini Yes!!!! Just remember...I've got dibs on Rob!!!!

message 3: by Conny (new)

Conny I'll be back lol

Kimberly Sabatini *grin*

Robin Hee hee! I drove home from work this morning thinking about Rob! You are going to have to share him, lady. LOVE this book! :)

Kimberly Sabatini Oh no!!! I ain't sharing!!!!

Robin Girl fight!

Kimberly Sabatini Yup!

message 9: by Ashley (last edited May 07, 2012 05:41PM) (new) - added it

Ashley (Loves Books) gah Kimberly you have to stop selling me on books! I've heard great things about this and now after your review I'm dying to read -- and none of my libraries carry it :(

Kimberly Sabatini Ashley wrote: "gah Kimberly you have to stop selling me on books! I've heard great things about this and now after you're review I'm dying to read -- and none of my libraries carry it :("

ROTFL!!!! YOU MUST READ IT!!! I've read it twice already. Just got done reading to my boys and they LOVED it too!!!!

Bridgid Gallagher Well said! I just finished it, and I couldn't put into words how awesome it is - but your review is perfect! Loved this book!!

Kimberly Sabatini Yay!!!! I'm so excited it lives up to my review!!!!

message 13: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose I did know about reading this book because most robinhood storys dont turn out so good but im definetly going to read this one when i get to my library;-)

message 14: by Rose (new) - added it