Finding Welsh Kings's Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

“how could he explain what happened? 'hey, honey, i'm an alien and apparently i just doused you with some radioactive loving! wanna catch a movie?' Yeah, not cool.”

OH MY GOSH!! *squeals* This book was so dang adorable! My only complaint is that it was way too short. I don’t usually read novellas, partly for the fact that they don’t usually satisfy all my dying unanswered questions…but this one? Hell yeah!

Shadows is a mesmerizing, rollercoaster of a book that sheds light on the story of Dawson Black, whom is the polar opposite of everyone’s favourite fictional boyfriend, Daemon Black. But hear me out, Dawson is so swoon worthy. He’s sweet, funny, thoughtful and more daring then Daemon, not as afraid to take risks.

Dawson’s whole world is turned upside down when the new girl, Bethany, shows up at school. After that day…everything changes.

After reading this novella, everything comes into focus, the story of unforbidden love that occurred between a Luxen and a human, explained beautifully and uniquely. As for the characters, you learn more about them, from Bethany’s pov and Dawson’s, and you either have more understanding to their views of the relationship of Katy and Daemon or you’ll hate them worse, example being Andrew.

“Ash twisted toward Daemon, her cheeks flushed. “I can’t believe you’re allowing him to do this. Next thing we know, you’ll be dating a human.”
Daemon busted out laughing. “Yeah, not going to happen.”

What I loved with this book is seeing Daemon from a different pov because now you can actually understand his wicked and moody reactions to Katy, a human. After seeing the consequences of Dawson and Bethany dating, Daemon knows better than to endanger his family like that but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t have been a tad nicer.

I practically flew through this book, page after page, I devoured each word. I don’t think I will ever get enough Lux to satisfy me but here I am, sadly having to read other books. To this day, Lux is one of my favourite series, and this novella cannot be forgotten about. If you read Lux, you have to read this too!

Happy Reading :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.

Quotes Finding Welsh Kings Liked