The BookChick 's Reviews > Hotter After Midnight

Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden

6190526
Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: 4-star-read

I loved this story. Colin and Emily were likeable characters that were dynamic and interesting.

Emily Drake was a psychic empath who was a psychologist to the Other, supernatural beings including demons, shifters, charmers, etc. Brought in on a case by our hero, Colin Gyth, a detective for the Alanta PD and a shifter, Emily's life takes on a roller coaster pace. She is used as a profiler for a highly public murder where the suspect butchered his victim, thus being dubbed the Night Butcher.

Through a series of interesting twists, Colin and Emily work together using her abilities and his knowledge as a detective and shifter, to catch the butcher before he strikes again.

It was a well written story and I appreciated the unexpected Night Butcher villain. My only problem with the story is that Eden didn't really flesh out why the butcher was the way he was. She glossed over an explanation that I felt should/could have been more than two or three sentences. Hence the 4 stars instead of 5.

But overall, this was a very enjoyable read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotter After Midnight.

November 23, 2011 – Started Reading