Samantha's Reviews > The Night Fairy

The Night Fairy by Laura Amy Schlitz

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: faeries, random-fun, reviewed, show-off
Read in November, 2011

The Night Fairy tells the story of Flory. Flory is a night fairy who loses her wings to a bat. She ends up living in the garden of a giantress where she makes new friends and hates bats.

Flory is a very strong and stubborn fairy. I really like her character. She is the exact portrait of how I first pictured fairies. Flory is also very resourceful. She does what she can with she has. Because of the loss of her wings, Flory has to change her entire lifestyle.

I find this story to be extremely charming. The magic and love of nature displayed is absolutely splendid. This book has such a simplicity within the story, yet it is carried out with such beautiful craftsmanship. The words transport you into the garden and make you just the perfect size to enjoy it all.

Barrett's illustrations are divine. My personal favorite can be found in Chapter 10, pg. 112-113.
The cover art is eye-catching. The delicately feminine texts used add a nice little finishing touch.

Overall, this book was very enjoyable. Any fan of fairies will be delighted with the tale of Flory. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Fairy.

04/01 marked as: read