Nay Denise's Reviews > Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds

Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin

bookshelves: christian

If you're looking for a book that will give you an awesome study method that's practical this is it! Jen really unpacks how to study the Word using the basics of the 5 Ws and 1 H by incorporating her 5 P's. I truly enjoyed this book. Her method is similar to that of Bible journaling, just a bit more organized. Though most of the tips were things I already knew and did, I enjoyed reading her point of view and seeing how her thoughts match with my own.

Totally recommend this book for those who are new to studying their Bible -- especially if you want to do an in-depth book study that is verse-by-verse. Great resource! I also love that this came with a study guide.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women of the Word.

May 1, 2018 – Started Reading
May 12, 2018 – Shelved
May 12, 2018 –
page 34
21.52% "Though this is stuff I already knew, I'm loving how it is bringing to mind things I forgot or needed to remember."
May 22, 2018 –
page 58
36.71% "Wow chapter 3 was absolutely amazing in showing me how the books connect back to the the big picture and 4 main elements of creation, fall, redemption and restoration! I'll be adding this way of studying to my routine!"
June 5, 2018 –
page 84
53.16% "This is a great book for those looking into studying the Bible more. Most of these steps I knew of, but just reading it from a different perspective is amazing. Such a useful resource!"
July 4, 2018 –