Kaceey - Traveling Sister's Reviews > Something In The Water

Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman

bookshelves: traveling-friends

3.5⭐️
Wow! What dynamite first chapter! Thought I’d be in for the thriller of the summer. If only...

This book reminded me of the old slasher movies where you’re screaming at the characters not to go into the basement. I found myself screaming at Erin and Mike, Not to open the duffel bag!

But of course characters aren’t going to listen to me. At seemingly every turn they’d be doing something that would just make me cringe and screaming, “stop!!” 😱

“ Have you ever wondered how long it takes to dig a grave?”

The book held my interest, even though I was almost hoarse from yelling at the characters. For the most part I enjoyed the ride. The ending...well, I was hoping for a little more clarity than what was given.

You do need to put your believability issues aside to stay with the plot. I’d like to say I walked loving it... but I can’t. Though I will say I liked it and would recommend this one for an easy vacation read!

A Traveling Friend read!🌸

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something In The Water.

May 11, 2018 – Shelved
May 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 28, 2018 – Started Reading
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: traveling-friends
August 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Hope you get your voice back soon, Kaceey! Sorry this one was a bit disappointing :( Hope your next is a fantastic one!! XoXo

Norma * Traveling Sister I like your wonderful review, Kaceey! 💕

message 3: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fantastic review, Kaceey! Glad you liked it! xoxo

leslie hamod Great job with this review😇

message 5: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle I have been so hesitant to start this one. Great review, Kaceey! :)

(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas Great review! Glad you enjoyed it overall. I haven't rushed to read it bc I fear I'll be underwhelmed by it. It's in my "someday" pile. Which works out since I'm on hold for it at the library and looks like my turn will come around next year, lol!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister KAS wrote: "Hope you get your voice back soon, Kaceey! Sorry this one was a bit disappointing :( Hope your next is a fantastic one!! XoXo"

Lol KAS!!😂 Thank you!! Am I the only one who yells at book characters??🤷‍♀️

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "I like your wonderful review, Kaceey! 💕"

Thank you Norma! Enjoyed reading this one with you!💕

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Nazanin wrote: "Fantastic review, Kaceey! Glad you liked it! xoxo"

Thank you so much Nazanin!💕

Kaceey - Traveling Sister leslie hamod wrote: "Great job with this review😇"

Thank you Leslie!!😊

Julie Love your review, Kaceey!! I screamed at the characters in this book, too. LOL!

message 12: by Fergus (new)

Fergus Thanks, Kaceey. One for everyone's Summer Reading Radar!

message 13: by Jess☺️ (new) - added it

Jess☺️ Glad you enjoyed it kaceey great review 🤗

Brenda - Traveling Sister Excellent review, Kaceey!

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Terrific review, Kaceey!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Michelle wrote: "I have been so hesitant to start this one. Great review, Kaceey! :)"

Thank you Michelle! There are definitely mixed reviews for this one! I was somewhere down the middle on it! Hope you enjoy if you try it!!😊

Kaceey - Traveling Sister (Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas wrote: "Great review! Glad you enjoyed it overall. I haven't rushed to read it bc I fear I'll be underwhelmed by it. It's in my "someday" pile. Which works out since I'm on hold for it at the library and l..."

Thank you Bern!! I had to wait a bit too! I was lucky my library purchased extra copies so I got bumped up the line!! Can't wait to see what you think! Hope you enjoy!!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Julie wrote: "Love your review, Kaceey!! I screamed at the characters in this book, too. LOL!"

Thank you Julie!! Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Lol!! 🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Fergus wrote: "Thanks, Kaceey. One for everyone's Summer Reading Radar!"

Thank you Fergus!! Hope you enjoy it!!

message 20: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Lol, Kaceey! Sorry this had you screaming so much. I hope your next book provides a peaceful reading experience!

Rachel Love your review!!! I felt exactly the same way! I felt like I was on the edge of my seat trying to get their attention to make them stop making one mistake after another!

message 22: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Terrific review, Kaceey!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Jess wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it kaceey great review 🤗"

Thank you so much Jess!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Brenda - Traveling Sister wrote: "Excellent review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Brenda!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Paula wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Paula!😊

message 26: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Fantastic review Kaceey!

JanB I agree that believability issues need to be set aside, ha! But that first sentence...wow, what an opening :) It was a fun TF read for sure even though I didn’t care for the book!

message 28: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Sounds really good, great review Kaceey, loved reading it 💐

message 29: by sue (new) - added it

sue Putting my believability aside.......gonna be hard🤨🧐

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Meredith wrote: "Lol, Kaceey! Sorry this had you screaming so much. I hope your next book provides a peaceful reading experience!"

Thank you Meredith! Lol!!😂
I no more screaming! Now quietly reading and enjoying!!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Rachel wrote: "Love your review!!! I felt exactly the same way! I felt like I was on the edge of my seat trying to get their attention to make them stop making one mistake after another!"

I know! Right??!! Why won't they listen to us!! Thank you Rachel!!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Jaline wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey!"

Thank you so much Jaline!😊

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Selena wrote: "Fantastic review Kaceey!"

Thank you Selena!😊

message 34: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Terrific review, Kaceey!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Cheri wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Cheri!!

message 36: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Excellent review Kaceey, shame it didn’t live up to the promise of the first chapter 😊

message 37: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Terrific review, Kaceey!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Maureen wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey, shame it didn’t live up to the promise of the first chapter 😊"

Thank you Maureen! I was so excited to read this one! Thought for sure it would be five stars!! Oh well...still fun, just not what I thought it would be.😊

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Maureen wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Maureen!!😊

Jonetta Great review, Kaceey! Enjoyed our discussion.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Terrific review Kaceey!!! xo

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Jonetta wrote: "Great review, Kaceey! Enjoyed our discussion."

Thank you Jonetta! I enjoyed reading this one with you!😊

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Kaceey!!! xo"

Thank you Lindsay!💕

Kendall Excellent review Kaceey!! 😊👍🏻

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Super review Kaceey :)

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Kendall wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey!! 😊👍🏻"

Thank you Kendall!!🤗

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Lisa wrote: "Super review Kaceey :)"

Thank you Lisa!😊

Kaceey - Traveling Sister JanB wrote: "I agree that believability issues need to be set aside, ha! But that first sentence...wow, what an opening :) It was a fun TF read for sure even though I didn’t care for the book!"

Thank you Jan! Sorry I missed your comment!🤭 This was a great TF read! Everyone seemed to have strong opinions about this one!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Miriam wrote: "Sounds really good, great review Kaceey, loved reading it 💐"

Thank you so much Miriam! I apologize I skipped over your comment earlier! 🤗💕