Ines's Reviews > Howl's Moving Castle

7031995
Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, to-reread
Read 2 times

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Howl's Moving Castle.

Quotes Ines Liked

Diana Wynne Jones
“You must admit I have a right to live in a pigsty if I want.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“Go to bed, you fool," Calcifer said sleepily. "You're drunk."
"Who, me?" said Howl. "I assure you, my friends, I am cone sold stober." He got up and stalked upstairs, feeling for the wall as if he thought it might escape him unless he kept in touch with it. His bedroom door did escape him.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“She was remorseless, but she lacked method.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“Typical! I break my neck trying to get here, and I find you peacefully tidying up!”
tags: howl

Diana Wynne Jones
“I hope your bacon burns.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“I make that four horses and ten men just to get rid of one old woman. What did you do to the King?”

Diana Wynne Jones
“I assure you, my friends, I am cone sold stober.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“Yes, you are nosy. You're a dreadfully nosy, horribly bossy, appallingly clean old woman. Control yourself. You're victimizing us all.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“It's amazing the way one can take a step ten and a half miles long and still always land in a cowpat.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“For a moment it seemed as if he was going to lose his temper too. His strange, pale eyes all but glared at Sophie. But he controlled himself and said, "Now trot along indoors, you overactive old thing, and find something else to play with before I get angry. I hate getting angry.”