Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > From Here to You

From Here to You by Jamie McGuire

bookshelves: arc-books

➳Second chances at finding your TRUE soulmate are very rare, but in this compelling romance story by Jamie McGuire there is only perfection and true admiration...

➳I'm not the biggest fan of romance stories with military or army heroes that have a broken heart and need mending from their true mate, but this one has changed my mind in every retrospective of wanting more of the story when it comes down to Darby and Trex. Scott "Trex" is an alpha male that provides the inner knowledge of just being with one person. He has been waiting his whole life for the right person to knock him on his feet so he falls hard for her. That's when Darby comes into the pictures, making her a broken down heroine with a regretful past that has landed her in a small town in California, wanting to start fresh, especially for the sake of an unexpected surprise that she found out the day before everything changed.

➳Starting off as someone with a mysterious past, Darby learns to open up about her history to Trex. Making him the ideal partner that she has been missing out on. She is not looking to be with anyone at this stage of her life since she already has way too many occupations going on in her head, but someone who acknowledges her beauty and wittiness is something that she was not expecting either. The care and protective side of Trex is also another contributing factor of him that makes the reader swoon over how ideal he is for Darby's broken heart. Her interactions with him have made her want his touch, his nearness, his presence unlike anything else.

➳Conquering obstacles from Darby's past is something that has brought her and her relationship with Trex to become complicated. To him, he does not care 'cause he just want to protect her in every aspect;
"When you know, you know, and I knew the second I saw Darby Cooke. It was the first-sight nonsense that until that moment I would've said was bullshit. Since that moment, she'd been the center of my universe, and there was so much more to get to know..."

➳Overall, this second chance romance at finding your ideal partner is one that I will highly recommend for those who are seeking an emotional read. There is nothing better than having a romance novel that makes you swoon over every action the male character does. For me, I am loving everything there is about Jamie's writing. For others, this may be a little too angsty, but I am finding it to be the perfect combination of what the characters pace should be. Thank you once again to my favorite, Estelle, for sending me the copy of this beauty. I am looking forward to see what else Jamie has to write in this upcoming series.

➳ARC kindly provided by my favorite publisher at Forever Romance, in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

May 11, 2018 – Shelved
May 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 11, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-books
May 17, 2018 – Started Reading
May 18, 2018 –
page 86
" "I have a long, bad history with jerks," she said.
"I can pretend to be one long enough to get your attention."
"You have it."
I swallowed. I'd never met anyone like Darby. She was like crack and Christmas.

Trex...
"
May 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The Biblioholic Lucky lady ;) Enjoy! xo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Natalie wrote: "Lucky lady ;) Enjoy! xo"

message 3: by Hms (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hms I am so jealous, and SO excited for you! Enjoy babe!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Hms wrote: "I am so jealous, and SO excited for you! Enjoy babe!"

Thank you so much sweetie! xoxo

Elle's Book Blog Enjoy! I'm reading this one soon! xox

Cristina | CristiinaReads Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦ wrote: "Enjoy! I'm reading this one soon! xox"

Thank you Elle, hopefully you enjoy it as well sweetie! xoxo

message 7: by Terrie's (new)

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch I've been debating on downloading the gally link. I think I'll wait to hear your thoughts first LOL (how lazy does that make me LMAO)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Terrie's wrote: "I've been debating on downloading the gally link. I think I'll wait to hear your thoughts first LOL (how lazy does that make me LMAO)"

Hopefully my review can convince you sweetie, I truly enjoyed it. Much more than what I was expecting ;)

message 9: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fantastic review, hun! ❤️

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jen wrote: "Fantastic review, hun! ❤️"

Thank you so much babe! xoxo

My Pink Fairytales Amazing review, hun! There's something about those damaged alphas, right? Plus Jamie McGuire is kinda awesome too. ;)

Cristina | CristiinaReads My Pink Fairytales wrote: "Amazing review, hun! There's something about those damaged alphas, right? Plus Jamie McGuire is kinda awesome too. ;)"

Thank you sweetie, I loved this novel so much so hopefully you get to enjoy it as well. And yes Jamie is legit such an incredible author, I'm so happy she finally is releasing a new novel this year for everyone to enjoy! xoxo

message 13: by Dri (new)

Dri ✰ Terrific review, love! Glad you enjoyed! 💜💋 xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Dri wrote: "Terrific review, love! Glad you enjoyed! 💜💋 xoxo"

Thank you sooooo much Dri, that means a lot. Hopefully you get to read it as well ;)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review ❤️

message 16: by Jillian (new) - added it

Jillian Nice review! I am looking forward to reading this one.

Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀ Amazing review! I

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Great review ❤️"

Thank you so much Jenny, this was such an emotional ride! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jillian wrote: "Nice review! I am looking forward to reading this one."

Thank you dear, I am really hoping you enjoy it as well. Jamie never stops to amaze me with her writing xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀ wrote: "Amazing review! I"

THANKSSSS BABE! xoxo

message 21: by *Ritzrenee* (new) - added it

*Ritzrenee* oh my she has a new book!!!

message 22: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Fantastic Review Cristina :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads *Ritzrenee* wrote: "oh my she has a new book!!!"

Honestly babe, I had no idea she was dropping a new novel until I saw this beauty on my doorsteps, I was like "Oh, okay here we go!" and I'm so glad I got to read it! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Eyvette wrote: "Fantastic Review Cristina :)"

Thank you so much hon! Gosh I loved it! xoxo

message 25: by Betul (new)

Betul Great review. Added the book to my TBR list. ;)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Betul wrote: "Great review. Added the book to my TBR list. ;)"

YEAHHHYYY! That makes me sooooo happy! xoxo

message 27: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Terrific review, babe! Glad you enjoyed it! It's a pretty cover as well! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Steffi wrote: "Terrific review, babe! Glad you enjoyed it! It's a pretty cover as well! xoxo"

LOVE YOUUUU! Thanks a lot Steffi! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kat ❀ wrote: "amazing review cristina 💖💖
another one to add to my radar, love an emotional read !!"

Love you sweetie, thanks again! xoxo

message 30: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Awesome review Cristina! :) xx

message 31: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fab review, sweets! ❤️

Cristina | CristiinaReads Aisling Zena wrote: "Awesome review Cristina! :) xx"

Thank you sweetie, love you so much! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jen wrote: "Fab review, sweets! ❤️"

Awwww thanks Jen! xoxo

message 34: by Hms (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hms Wonderful review luv!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Hms wrote: "Wonderful review luv!"

Thank you beautiful! xoxo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Wonderful review Cristina! 💜

Cristina | CristiinaReads MELISSA *Mel Reader* wrote: "Wonderful review Cristina! 💜"

Thank you babe! LY! xoxo

message 38: by bunga (new) - added it

bunga amazing review!! oh btw if i may ask, for those who don't really ready Jamie's book a lot, is it fine to just dig into this? bec i read one of review and said that it doesn't feel like a total stand-alone, like there's something missing from this book