Lisa Staples's Reviews > Pretty Venom

Pretty Venom by Ella Fields

Ella Fields never ceases to amaze me with her flawless depiction of the tenacity of the human spirit and in her ability to make you bleed and feel the rawest emotions along with her characters.
And with Pretty Venom she has eclipsed even her previous outstanding works with this gut wrenchingly beautiful story.
This is anti-hero vs anti-heroine, vicious revenge, second chance love and forgiveness at it's finest!

I began this story a little guarded against Renee since she hasn't exactly endeared herself to us in Ella's previous novels; appearing cold, heartless and ruthless in her endeavours though did redeem herself in Bittersweet Always.

"Renee wasn't all sweet; she was pretty venom wrapped in a sugary bow.'

But it's wise to remember the animal that's isolated and injured will bite back, and as more is revealed of Renee, it's apparent she really is a beautiful unapologetic creature that's been fighting for survival alone for some time.

If Renee was not the transparent and likeable heroine, then neither is Callum the knight in shining armour, and once wounded with betrayal his retribution is brutal and all kinds of ugly that will have you cringing.

You can't help but love and hate these two in equal measure and this not only builds but seesaws in allegiance as the story progresses.
Because this story isn't just about mistakes, cheating or even the damage these two do to one another; it's about how they survive and traverse the canyon of hurt left between them, how they come together and how they are so much stronger for it.

It needs to be said, don't take the warnings lightly about this book, it is affronting and if you really can't put your insecurities and beliefs aside and embrace this story for it's hidden beauty, I'm truly sorry for your loss, because this is probably the most outstanding, moving tale of forgiveness I have ever read and is definitely in my top 5 reads of 2018!

"It was our actions, our experiences, and the guidance of past mistakes that would glue what was ruined back into one slightly misshapen yet beautiful piece."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Venom.

May 11, 2018 – Shelved
July 28, 2018 – Shelved as: second-chance-love
July 28, 2018 – Shelved as: worth-the-chance
July 28, 2018 – Shelved as: tough-issues
July 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Michelle Claypot_Reads Great review x