Lu's Reviews > The Dangerous Art of Blending In

The Dangerous Art of Blending In by Angelo Surmelis

liked it
bookshelves: ya-male-narrators, diverse

- own voices!!
- LGBTQ!! - there was a LOT of homophobia in the book that the MC had to deal with and it was heartbreaking. I was sobbing throughout the end, when it got so so much worse.
- parental abuse rep!! -- SO HEARTBREAKING. I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS BOOK.
- about finding your own voice + accepting who you are!!
- romance was cute!! I liked the LGBTQ rep. Henry wanted to help him, BUT it wasn’t like,,, IM GOING TO SAVE YOU FROM ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. He didn’t try and solve everything for Evan, he knew whatever he did would make it WORSE and he was just THERE FOR HIM.

- EVAN WAS CUTE OK. Like,,, he had 0% self worth and ALL BECAUSE OF HIS MOTHER. She was AWFUL. The parental abuse makes this book SO heartbreaking and emotional and I was horrified the entire way through.

- IT WAS SLOW. BUT I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN OK. I read it in a few HOURS. So,,, ITS GOOD.

-MINI QUIBBLES: Felt that the mc was rather childish sometimes when dealing w/ relationship stuff, but it was only minor. Also, there was nothing said about what happened to his abusive mother, and I feel like there should have been something?? I just feel like that was a little unfinished?? I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAG HAPPENED

ALL IN ALL: this. Book. Tore. My. Heart. Out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dangerous Art of Blending In.

May 11, 2018 – Started Reading