Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)'s Reviews > Exiled

Exiled by M.R. Merrick

Chase Williams is a hunter within the Circle who lives with his parents. His mom a water elemental and his dad a fire elemental. During his ceremony where his element is called forth, nothing happens. His own father denounces his son and wife and together they are exiled to live with humans.

Now I had reason to believe this was targeted towards boys but even so I enjoyed reading it very much. There's enough action packed into these pages as many as there are words. The story keeps us moving along and it gains momentum until the climax which wasn't too surprising. Nonetheless, the characters, plot, and setting all tied nicely together which added to the development of the story. The fight scenes are descriptive and fast and I couldn't help but be intrigued as I watch them battle it out in my imagination.

Chase is an arrogant hero, yet his intentions are pure and when he finds The Circle are not what they seem to be, he is resistant at first but there was too much evidence to back up the claims. Rayna on the other hand is quick to act, and has a lot more fight in her than most of the characters I read about. All the secondary characters like bad-ass vampire Vincent and resourceful but scaredy-cat demon Willy all add to te story and don't deter the reader from the plot.

Truly, a story worth reading and I can't wait what M.R. Merrick has in store for Chase and his demon hunting skills.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiled.

November 22, 2011 – Shelved