Bethany Swafford's Reviews > A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder

A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder by Dianne Freeman

bookshelves: kindle

Frances, Countess of Harleigh, moves her small household to London to escape the demands of her in-laws. Almost immediately, her life gets turned upside down when police approach her with questions about how her husband died, her younger sister arrives to be launched into society, her bank account is frozen from her brother-in-law attempting to claim her money, and a string of jewelry thefts happening all over society.

I absolutely adored Frances. Her practical attitude in spite of whatever she faced won me over from the start. She took action for what she thought was right but accepted the advice of those closest to her.

The plot moved at a good pace, and the supporting characters were excellent at just that: supporting. I learned just enough of each one that I look forward to seeing each of them in future adventures of Frances...and a handsome, charming neighbor.

This is an exceptional historical mystery, and I would recommend it to any reader.

I received a free copy through NetGalley for reviewing purposes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder.

May 10, 2018 – Started Reading