Paul Boucherie's Reviews > Animal Rights

Animal Rights by Gregory Lee

Nov 22, 2011

liked it

This book has been written by Gregory Lee, where he clearly explains the animal rights, and their status life through the world of today. Written at the third person plural and as a narration, this book tells us for example that for the nineties, twenty-two percent of the population did not believe in killing animals for fur, but didn’t think it should be against the law. The book has been written to show the people that animals are not treated as they have to be, as anybody on the earth. It shows images to tell us how animals’ conditions are, good and bad, most of the time explained with current life examples. By writing this book, the author wanted to show people how animals live, and make them react for injustices they live with, how they are treated.

The theme of the book is a kind of documentary,and I think this book is a good one. Just by the way it has been written with a vocabulary varied but also with information that made me learn things you could even not supposed to exist. I choose this book because I was a kind of interested in the animal rights. After a few pages, you can discover how interested this book is and how great it makes you learn stuff.

In this book, the big idea illustrated by the author is the fact that the human race, feeling bigger and more powerful, thinks it can “use” animals for any reason. For example, at the end of the book: "Perhaps, if we learn to treat other species on this planet with more respect and concern, we will treat our fellow human being as well"in here, we can of course see that the author wants to make sure that after having read the book, anybody should think about animal rights and be more respectful with animals. Personally, this book makes me think that animals are like anyone, on this planet, and as anyone, they have rights, and they have to be appreciated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Rights.

November 22, 2011 – Started Reading