Pamela Scott's Reviews > Between the Shade and the Shadow

Between the Shade and the Shadow by Coleman  Alexander

bookshelves: coleman-alexander, arc, first-read, top-books

(copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed)

This is my first time reading the author. I really loved this book. I thought the concept was very unique. The plot is quite a straight forward and simple coming-of-age story with some great fantasy twists. The writing is fantastic, really beautiful and vivid at times. This was a pleasure to read from start to finish. I loved the main character, Ahraia. She binds a wolf, stunning her community as this seems to be a symbol to suggest greatness lies in her future. Yet, she discovers things about her way of life that she’s not sure she agrees with and wants to follow. This book offers a unique take on the concept of good versus evil. The light marks the Shades and Sprites and the dark is a place of safety, yet they are not evil creatures. This is a pretty dark book at times as the Shades and Sprites are not pretty elves, they are cold, vicious and calculating creatures and Ahraia is different. The world building is fantastic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Shade and the Shadow.

May 10, 2018 – Shelved