Marta Cox's Reviews > Kiss of the Royal

Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga

bookshelves: my-reviews, netgalley

Do you remember fairy tales of old ? Where good faces evil and triumphs ? How about those old Disney films with the Prince saving the princess ? I know that nowadays the heroines manage to save themselves and yes sometimes even the Prince ! Yet one thing holds
true and that's the power of love and true loves kiss .
So imagine a society battling evil creatures and embracing lust but believing that to accept the idea of love is blasphemy. This is Ivys world, a life of duty and magic but it's cold and lonely until she's partnered with Prince Zach and his completely different opinions. Ivy believes in sharing magic by means of a magical "Kiss" but Zach refuses that idea and as Ivy learns Zach is one very determined young man !
If honest I wasn't wowed by the beginning and wondered if I'd missed something but the plot soon started to hot up and pull me in . There's all the usual suspects in a traditional fairy tale with evil queens, mages, dwarves and even dragons but of course it's the hero who perhaps saves the Princess or does he ? I particularly liked that we were taken on this journey of self discovery with Ivy and her trials enable her to empower herself. There are other characters who feature but alas they are not as vivid as I like but nevertheless I did enjoy this story.
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are honest and I believe fair

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Royal.

May 10, 2018 – Started Reading
May 10, 2018 – Shelved
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: my-reviews
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
May 26, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Marta! :) xx