Graham's Reviews > Two Polluted Black-Heart Romances

Two Polluted Black-Heart Romances by Kevin James Breaux

Welcome to Los Angeles—but not the LA you know. Here, humans coexist with vampires, mummies, fairies, and other nonhuman entities. Everyone’s just trying to get by for the most part—but some are having more difficulty than others.

A vampire named Cade, a fairy named Sabrina, and a mummy named Moselle are on the lam after exposing the existence of the Otherworldly Assembly, a shadowy organization of paranormal beings. The assembly has sent terrifying assassins called wraiths to exact revenge. The nonhuman trio is in for a real horror show, and they don’t know the half of it—another threat looms, and its destructive ambitions are vast.

Meanwhile, a human named Jackson is recovering from a near-death experience. Old memories and new loves flood his brain, and he’s having trouble finding an outlet for all these feelings—that’s when Sabrina the fairy catches his eye.

Two Polluted Black-Heart Romances, a fast-paced adventure filled with high stakes and unexpected twists, continues the action-packed saga that began with One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail. When unimaginable dangers threaten the planet they all share, humans and nonhumans find a common cause and must work together to prevent disaster.

I was lucky enough to recieve this book from the author himself Kevin James Breaux by email and under strict instructions not to send it to other people (which I didn't)

The cover of the book looks amazing as did the first book (I wish I had them on my shelf 😂)

The book starts off right after the first book (which is brilliant as there isn't a gap between each book) action from the onset between every otherworldly creatures imaginable. As our plucky group seem to go their own way and do their own things they're immediately thrown back into surviving and helping each other.

The story goes between each character as you're following them through their own eyes. Each character is unique and have their own special abilities. Sabrina who is a fairy now has a bodyguard called Weston who is an air spirit and she is about to sign a record deal trying to live a normal life. Jackson who is human and Moselle who is a mummy are in her subbasement keeping safe. Then there is Cade who is a vampire (my favourite character) now has to go back to his family to sleep before he turns into a ghoul. I like how the book is set in modern times which is really relatable (not set hundreds of years ago as nobody can relate to that 😂) as Hollywood celebrities were being name dropped.

The background of each of the characters have been really well written (mainly in the first book) but you do discover more of their past in this book also. Which helps you understand the characters that much more. Kevin introduces new characters in this book also which didn't come as a suprise. The new characters fit in really well and felt like they had been there from the beginning. I especially like Joe if Cade wasn't in this book then he would've been my favourite character.

I'm not one who usually reads books with vampires,fairies and mummies but these books have piqued my interest. I need to discover more books like this.

I can't recommend this book enough. If you like reading fantasy books then please pick this one up. You won't be disappointed (obviously buy the first book 😂)

I can't thank Kevin enough for sending me this book I really do appreciate it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Polluted Black-Heart Romances.

Finished Reading