Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > Set Ablaze

Set Ablaze by K.C. Burn

Set Ablaze is a little darker than I'd expected, with heavy themes of homophobia and stalking. The story is overall well told, and the characters are interesting. Hayden, a firefighter by profession, is a neat freak who is out to his friends but only in the literal sense—several of the said 'friends' are bullies and verbally abusive, and Hayden's past keeps him from standing up for himself, so he's not confident enough to date anyone around them.

Jez has an even more traumatic past than his new housemate, and his messy habits trigger all Hayden's pain points. Jez is a Broadway dancer and actor, on the run from a scary situation in New York, where he'd had a good deal of success in show business. There are some lovely moments, little flashes really, that show off Jez's artistry, and I wish we'd gotten to see more of that and more of him on set at his job.

This story has some great feel-good moments, and I adored the epilogue. I enjoyed the characters, with all their quirks, and their chemistry was stellar through the whole story. This is a recommended read for people who love contemporary gay romance with a little angst, a little suspense, and a lot of heart.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Set Ablaze.