mith's Reviews > Kiss of the Royal

Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga

bookshelves: 2018-publication, kindle-or-ebook, arcs, fantasy, maaaagic, royalty, standalone, supernatural-creatures, reviewed

this review + others can be found over on my blog!
---
Well, colour me surprised, I didn't expect to enjoy this so much! I found the idea of Kiss very interesting, if a bit odd—the whole Royals having powers because of a kiss is very unique to me. In hindsight, it seems very unfortunate because royals can't technically make an army, not in numbers like commoners, at least.

Still! I liked the writing and I liked Ivy! She was a very dedicated character, hella intent on ending this war, even after pairing with someone who didn't believe in her ideologies.

That was part of why I liked this book so much! I'm a sucker for books where the main couple-to-be start off on opposite ends and don't see eye to eye at first. Gradually reading about them understanding the other's point of view is my favourite part.

I'll admit, it was a bit slow in the opening chapters, but after Zach was introduced, the plot really picked up. The more I read, the more I was intrigued by the whole concept of Love in this book. Ivy doesn't believe in it! Normally this kind of thing would annoy me—I hate exploring so much into love, but this wasn't about feelings... more like the whole concept of it. It's why it reminded me so much of the show Once Upon A Time.

In the end, I was sold on this book. Ivy had a great voice, and the plot was—well, not wholly unique, but fun nonetheless. The romance was great, and the whole Royal Kiss thing was intriguing. So, easy 4 stars from me and I'd recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Royal.

May 9, 2018 – Started Reading