Christine Rains's Reviews > Murder at the Marina

Murder at the Marina by Ellen Jacobson

When Mollie's husband gets her a ramshackle sailboat for their 10th anniversary, she uses chocolate to help swallow her disappointment. It's nice he's happy but there aren't enough M&Ms in the world to help when she finds a dead body on their new boat. Her investigative side kicks in, and Mollie searches for clues within the small sailing community in Coconut Cove. It may or may not have anything to do with aliens, but she finds herself in deeper than she ever expected.

This cozy mystery utterly charmed me. I was pulled in right away with Mollie's disappointment with her anniversary gift. Her husband is rather clueless, but he adores her and their new boat! This is not a romance, though. It's a quirky mystery that made me laugh from page one all the way through. And yes, I did find myself eating M&Ms as I read it. While much of it was light-hearted, there was plenty to keep my brain chugging along trying to figure out who was the murderer. I'm usually good at that, but I didn't guess it. I love it when books can stump me! I cannot wait for more from this author.

I received an ARC of this book with no obligation to write a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder at the Marina.

Started Reading