Amber Webb's Reviews > Meet Yasmin!

Meet Yasmin! by Saadia Faruqi

I couldn't wait to read Yasmin from the time Saadia announced it! I was not disappointed (and neither was my daughter). My seven year old picked up before I even had a chance and read it in one sitting. She appreciated that the three stories were brief and simple but jam packed with fun and adventure. We both enjoyed learning about a family different than ours in this #ownvoices book that provided us a window into a new-to-us culture.
Yasmin is an adorable little girl who is curious, passionate and inventive. I can see her going on many more adventures and hope to see a lot more of her in the future!
This early reader will be perfect to share with those students transitioning into larger books with more vocabulary and will be incredibly beneficial for our Pakistani families as they will find themselves in books on our shelves.
The end pages with activities, questions and definitions were fantastic for both families and classrooms. I loved this new venture from Faruqi and hope to see much more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Yasmin!.

May 9, 2018 – Started Reading