Kay's Blushing Book Reviews's Reviews > What He Always Knew

GENRE: Romance
NARRATION: Multiple POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book#1 in the Duet

THE STORY IN A NUTSHELL

Charlie Pierce is a kindergarten teacher, she has been married to Cameron Pierce for 8 years, on the outside they are the perfect couple but their happy marriage is a façade, they are both miserable and the communication has broken down leaving a gaping hole in its place.

Reece Walker is the new music professor at the school Charlie teaches at, he is also an old friend and crush from her childhood that she has not seen since she was sixteen. He sees straight through her, he sees her unhappiness and vows to get the happy girl he once knew back again.

Sparks fly when he starts to make her feel alive again but Charlie is married and her heart is torn in two. She can only have one man even though she loves both.

MY REVIEW

This book literally gave me Goosebumps whilst reading, there are so many layers to peel back throughout the story each one twisting and embedding itself into me like I was part them.

I had no idea where the story was heading most the time, catching me by surprise whenever the plot changed direction without warning. I have not read many books that are from three POV’s and it left me torn between them, just when I thought I was batting for one team the rules changed and I would jump teams. My heart broke over and over again and then slowly Kandi put it back together again, she still left it feeling heavy and not quiet whole even up to the end.

My red puffy eyes have not yet recovered from this emotionally charged story. To say I loved it would not do it justice, I breathed in every word and felt every emotion throughout. This is not a feel good fluffy romance story, it is raw, it’s painful, it’s confronting but it’s also powerful and passionate and reflective.

There is a strong message in this duet and without disclosing any details it can be relevant and very relatable for anyone who has lost their way in a relationship or maybe unhappy in their marriage but still deeply love their partner, somewhere along the way it is easy to lose touch of what matters.
Kandi’s writing is addictive, it’s deep and perfectly executed. The story pulled me in from the very beginning and I become so invested in her world of passion, heart ache and self-discovery nothing else existed in my world whilst I was reading. I would switch from reading to the audio book if I had to hang washing or cook dinner because I simply couldn’t put it down.

I know the sensitive subject matter will deter a lot of people from reading this but I urge you to step past that comfort level and give this a go it certainly gives you another perspective after all they say there is always two sides to every story but this one has three.

“If I am a river, you are the ocean. It all comes back to you in the end.”

description

Teasers used are from the authors Facebook page

:PURCHASE LINK
What He Doesn't Know... http://amzn.to/2FCEoYp
What He Always Knew... http://amzn.to/2peockX

Add to your TBR: Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Narrated by: Sebastian York, Erin Mallon & Jason Clarke
Length:
Book#1- 8 hrs and 23 mins Book#2- 8 hrs and 30 mins

Adding narration to this already emotionally charged book heightened that tenfold. The narrators did a perfect job of portraying their character’s personality traits and evoking emotions for the listener.
Sebastian York & Erin Mallon are favourite narrators of mine whereas Jason Clarkes a newbie for me but I loved him just as much. Each narrator was impeccably matched to their characters and they all did an outstanding performance.

FEMALE NARRATOR’S PERFORMANCE 5/5
MALE NARRATOR’S PERFORMANCE 5/5
NARRATOR’S MATCHED TO CHARACTERS 5/5
PLOT 5/5
OVERALL AUDIO RATING 5 /5

Liked my review? Follow my Blog or join me on Facebook for more reviews, Giveaways, Freebies and new release updates
Facebook
Website/blog
Twitter
Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What He Always Knew.

May 8, 2018 – Shelved