Brenda's Reviews > Sweet Home Highlander

Sweet Home Highlander by Amalie Howard

bookshelves: reviewed

Publisher's Description

Lady Aisla Montgomery has a perfectly tolerable marriage...as long as her husband stays in Scotland and she in Paris. But now, years later, she wants only one thing—a divorce.

Niall Stuart Maclaren, the rugged Laird of Tarbendale rues the day he met his beautiful, conniving wife. Though the thought of her incites a bitter and biting fury, no other woman has ever stirred his blood as hotly. When Aisla returns to Scotland to sever ties, Niall agrees on one condition—one week with him for every year of desertion. Six weeks as his wife in his castle...in his bed...in exchange for her freedom.

My Thoughts:

This is another seamlessly co-authored book by this amazing pair of novelists.
I have read the entire first series and highly recommend all of these authors books. They need not be read in any particular order and are all able to be read as a standalone although there are some characters that do carry over.
This is book #1 of the new series.
I had previously been introduced to our hero in one of the other books and was glad that he got his own story.
Our heroine was so briefly mentioned before that it was more like an oh yeah!
Both characters were well thought out and make for an intriguing second chance romance.
I gave this book 4.5 of 5.0 stars for storyline and character development and a sensual rating of 2.75 of 5.0 flames. The intimacy isn't nonexistent but more of an after thought in this book.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book from the publisher to read and review. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Home Highlander.

May 8, 2018 – Shelved