Julie's Reviews > Intercepted

Intercepted by Alexa  Martin

bookshelves: 2018, berkley, contemporary-romance, e-book, netgalley, sports-and-romance

Intercepted by Alexa Martin is a 2018 Berkley publication.

Hilarious and super sexy!!

Several years ago, Marlee had a one-night stand with a guy she thought was an investment banker, while on a break from her boyfriend.

Now, not only is she back with her boyfriend, who happens to be a professional football player, they are engaged!! Life's good... Well, except when it comes to the catty football wives. Oh, and that one-night stand? He’s the new star quarterback for the team!

For Marlee, her night with Gavin was unforgettable, scorched into her memory, but will he remember her after all this time?

This book was absolutely hilarious. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun reading a romance novel. Alexa Martin writes what she knows, since she spent eight years as the wife of an NFL football player. (now retired). Her experience gives readers a little insider’s peak inside the cliques, competitions, rules, and politics of professional football.

Of course, this also means getting a look at the underbelly, which is not all that glamorous and could be offensive, at times. Although, I must put my own dig in here, and say that in reality I'm sure it's a thousand times worse than anything portrayed in this book.

For a debut novel, I thought this book was well constructed, and fleshed out nicely. The relationship drama might have dragged out a bit too long, however, that's better than feeling like the story was too rushed. The characterizations were very well done, from the good to the bad, and points in between.

The dialogue is razor sharp and ladies, Gavin!! OMG!! This guy had me melting into a puddle, going all dreamy eyed, and walking around with a big goofy grin on my face. There’s some high drama, a little action, a little suspense, some steamy, sexy times, and a lovely diverse cast of characters.

Honestly, I had no idea what to expect when I started this book, since I don’t read a lot of sports romance, especially if it is centered around football. While I don’t think this life sounds all that appealing, if sports heroes are your secret fantasy, you don’t want to miss this one.

But, even if you aren’t a sports fan, you’ll still love the romance, friendships, and humor… and GAVIN!! Unless I am mistaken, this novel is also the first of a planned series. I obviously enjoyed this one enough to sign up for the next one.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intercepted.

May 7, 2018 – Shelved
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: e-book
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: sports-and-romance
October 7, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

message 1: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Strong Awesome review Julie!

Julie Susanne wrote: "Awesome review Julie!"

Thank you, Susanne!! ❤❤

RedemptionDenied Superb review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it!

message 4: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Gipson Your review made me smile Julie! Glad you enjoyed a fun read . 😊

Julie RedemptionDenied wrote: "Superb review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it!"

Thank you, RD!! ❤

Julie Nicola wrote: "Your review made me smile Julie! Glad you enjoyed a fun read . 😊"

Thank you, Nicola!! 😊😊

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Exciting n nice review, Julie! :)

Julie Diane wrote: "Exciting n nice review, Julie! :)"

Thank you, Diane!! ❤❤

message 9: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Very nice review Julie!👍🏻

Julie Maureen wrote: "Very nice review Julie!👍🏻"

Thank you, Maureen!! ❤

message 11: by KAS (new)

KAS This sounds like one I would really enjoy, Julie ;) Glad you had such a fun time reading it. Fabulous review!! 😘❤️

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina Nice review Julie :)

Julie KAS wrote: "This sounds like one I would really enjoy, Julie ;) Glad you had such a fun time reading it. Fabulous review!! 😘❤️"

Thank you, KAS!! Yes, I think you'd really like this one!! ❤😊❤

Julie Tina wrote: "Nice review Julie :)"

Thank you, Tina!! ❤❤

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I'm not a sports fan, but still sounds good!

Julie Holly wrote: "I'm not a sports fan, but still sounds good!"

Thank you, Holly!! I'm not either, anymore. But, the book was wonderful despite the subject matter.

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Fabulous review Julie!🤗💕

Julie Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fabulous review Julie!🤗💕"

Thank you, Kaceey!! ❤

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Terrific review, Julie! I think I need to add this one! 💕

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! I think I need to add this one! 💕"

Thank you, Jennifer!! It's a great mood enhancer!! ❤

message 21: by Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* (last edited Oct 07, 2018 05:13PM) (new)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Wonderful review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it. 💖

Julie Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it. 💖"

Thank you, Mary Beth!! ❤

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Terrific review Julie glad you enjoyed💕

Julie Lisa wrote: "Terrific review Julie glad you enjoyed💕"

Thank you, Lisa!! ❤

message 25: by Candace (new)

Candace Wonderful review, Julie! I'll have to check it out.

Julie Candace wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! I'll have to check it out."

Thank you, Candace!! I hope you will!! 😊

message 27: by JW (new) - added it

JW Great review! Now I’m seriously tempted to pick up this book.

Julie JW wrote: "Great review! Now I’m seriously tempted to pick up this book."

Thank you, JW!! I hope can find room for it on your shelves. 😊😊

message 29: by Theresa Alan (new)

Theresa Alan I love humorous romance and don't find enough of it. Great review!

Julie Theresa wrote: "I love humorous romance and don't find enough of it. Great review!"

Thank you, Theresa!! I agree! They are too far between these days. 😊

message 31: by JV (new)

JV Lovely review, Julie! 🤗

Julie JV wrote: "Lovely review, Julie! 🤗"

Thank you, JV!! 😊

message 33: by Liina (new)

Liina Great review, Julie! :)

Julie Liina wrote: "Great review, Julie! :)"

Thank you, Liina!! 😊❤

message 35: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly Added it! :) Thanks for the review!

Julie Holly wrote: "Added it! :) Thanks for the review!"

Thank you, Holly! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Happy reading!! 🏈🏈