Colleen's Conclusions's Reviews > Just One of the Royals

Just One of the Royals by Leah Rooper

bookshelves: early-advanced-copy, netgalley

I received Just one of the Royals by Leah and Kate Rooper from Netgalley. It has no impact on my thoughts. My thoughts are my own.

I was very excited when I first heard about Just One of the Royals. It's very surprising, but I love a good hockey story. And if you add in some royalty to it? HUGE BONUS!! I quickly started it when I got it and was very pleased that it met my expectations.

Just One of the Royals is the second book to The Chicago Falcon's series by Leah and Kate Rooper. They could almost be read as a standalone, but the characters from the first book are mentioned several different times, so it would make sense to go back and read Just one of the Guys first before you pick this one up so you can fully appreciate all of the mentions/moments between the other characters. They didn't take up the whole story or anything, but it'd still just be appreciated more. The story also kind of mentions one plot that happened in the previous book and continues on from there for the two new characters.

I loved the two new characters we had, Madison and Daniel. Madison was an aspiring actress, and Daniel was one of the players on the Chicago Falcon team. Madison was also the assistant trainer for the team. Daniel had a secret, and when his sister Eva comes to visit him, his secret is out...he's a prince. This part was totally a Princess Diaries moment but for a prince instead, but I still absolutely loved it. His sister had to bring him home, but not before convincing his best friend Madison to help him become the king of their kingdom. Madison's plan to help him was to become his pretend girlfriend to help Daniel win his kingdom over for him.

This book was funny, there were a couple of different parts that had me laughing like when Daniel was panicking over his spaghetti and stuff like that.

If you are looking for a book that is similar to The Princess Diaries, look no further. Just One of the Royals is just as witty with it, but there's just hockey and some smack talk added into it. It was an enjoyable fast paced five star read.

Thank you Netgalley and publishers for giving me the chance to read this book! I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one already. I might even have to go back to reread the first one now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Royals.

May 7, 2018 – Started Reading