Natasha Niezgoda's Reviews > Still Waters

Still Waters by Viveca Sten

bookshelves: murder-crime, ebook

3.5 ⭐️ (rounded up to 4)

This was book 1 in a Swedish detective series that has recently been translated into English. It happened to be my first Amazon Kindle read, and it wasn’t bad!

The writing reminded me a lot of the 80s detectives shows I watched as a kid - Matlock, Colombo, and Murder, She Wrote (where you mainly root for the main characters and then the actual crime is secondary). It had a wholesomeness to it amidst murder and deception. And it was a casual read that’s great for vacations or right before bed. There was nothing that will keep you up at night (in either fear or anticipation).

I dunno. I guess I crave these kind of books every once in awhile, especially after I read something heavy - like a true story/memoir.

I just started book 2 of the series. So let’s see if it keeps my interest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Waters.

May 7, 2018 – Started Reading
page 300
May 23, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 21, 2019 – Shelved as: murder-crime
February 21, 2019 – Shelved as: ebook

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Nice review Natasha!

Natasha Niezgoda Susanne wrote: "Nice review Natasha!" Just saw this! Sorry Susanne! And thank you!!

message 3: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Cool. I love all things Scandinavian so I'll try to check this series out!

Natasha Niezgoda Brian wrote: "Cool. I love all things Scandinavian so I'll try to check this series out!" It's a good light-reading detective series. Reminds me of the old school Matlock shows but with more depth.

message 5: by Brian (new) - added it