KarenJo Custodio's Reviews > Just One of the Royals

Just One of the Royals by Leah Rooper

4.25 - Delightfully Cute and Fun Romance with a Royally Adorable Twist!

This book was a quick, lovely, and entertaining friends to lovers story with plenty of sweet, heartwarming and laugh out loud moments. It was enjoyable from beginning to end and I cannot wait to read the other books in the series.

Just One of the Royals by Leah and Kate Rooper is pretty much Princess Diaries, but instead of an awkward and shy teenage girl turned princess, we have an adorable and charming star hockey player who’s secretly a prince, but wants nothing to do with being a royal…let alone be the king of Eldonia. Daniel just wants to be a normal teenager and maybe finally find the courage to tell his best friend, Madison, that he wants more than just friendship. But, when his half-sister, Eva, comes to Chicago to convince him to claim his birthright as king, Daniel must make some tough decisions that will change his life forever.

I read this book in less than 24 hours and was pleasantly entertained the entire time. I love friends-to-lovers stories and the prince/royalty trope made the plot even more interesting for me. The writing was easy to read and engaging. The characters were quirky and really intruiging. I thought the friendships and familial relationships were endearing. Madison and Alice were definitely friendship goals and I loved how they were always there for each other. I also loved the bond between Daniel and Eva. Even if they were millions miles apart, they were still very close and would do anything to make each other happy. The guys on the hockey team were pretty great too and I loved their team spirit. I wasn't too keen on the romance and didn't totally swoon over Daniel and Madison, but the romance was still cute and sweet. I thought the ending was heartwarming and the sneak peek for this next book definitely got me excited.

With a fun and lighthearted storyline, amazing relationships, great team spirit, charming characters, and cute romance, Just One of the Royals will have you smiling the entire time. It’s sweet, funny, and will teach you a thing or two about honesty and doing what truly makes you happy.

If you enjoy romance and friends to lovers trope, then this cute contemporary with a royally adorable twist might just be perfect read for you!

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the publisher Entangled Teen via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Royals.

May 7, 2018 – Shelved