Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com's Reviews > Atlas of Imaginary Places

Atlas of Imaginary Places by Mia Cassany

A beautifully told story that will capture the imagination of any reader. With the awe inspiring illustrations that take the reader visually into the wonderfully written story. I love that this book can be a home library staple or the book within the school where so many lesson plans can be created to accompany it. Kids can draw their own place within this imaginary world and write a story for it. You can have the kids look at the pictures and write what they think happens within each of the places. You could just read a bit of the story without showing them the pictures and see what they come up with. There are endless applications within the school setting for this book. Which really excites me. When it comes to reading it at home, anytime is a good time to read this book. I plan to use the above ideas for home learning over the summer with my two boys. I am super excited to see what they come up with!!! I highly recommend this book and really love all the ways it can be used to inspire both writing and artist expression.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlas of Imaginary Places.

Started Reading