Nancy's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Syrie James

Nov 21, 2011

liked it

Syrie James and her son team up on this book. Perhaps they take turns telling the story from the point of views of Claire and Alec. Alec is a Grigori tasked with hunting down the dangerous half bloods or Nephil. But Alec is tired of his job so he squirrels away savings and goes to hide out in a prestigious academy where, lo and behold, there is an emerging half-blood and he's falling in love with her.

Of course, Alec needs to hide her so she isn't discovered but it might already be too late.

I have no complaints about the story, book or writing. I simply didn't connect with the characters and the story has been hashed and rehashed by different authors for the past few years. The angel or Fallen Angel falling in love with the regular girl or girl who happens to be part angel is told and retold. I didn't find anything about this story to differentiate with the other books except that I didn't care about the protagonists which actually makes them less likely to be remembered.

It's a good story. If you like angels and part angels engaging in a forbidden love story, this is it. I'm already invested in a few other series and trilogies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.