Zoey Talbon's Reviews > Unraveling

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

bookshelves: favorites, own

I don't know if I can even begin to explain why I love this book so much. I don't care if sci-fi isn't your favorite genre to read. I don't care what your favorite genre is: this is a book I think most people will like. (Unless you have an issue with swearing. There's quite a bit of that.)

Unraveling reminded me of why I love sci-fi so much. There are so many different ways you can make it unique, and Elizabeth Norris definitely knows her stuff when it comes to that. Unraveling has the perfect amount of suspense and mystery and romance, all tied together with a bittersweet ending.

Janelle is tough but caring at the same time. She's the kind of character that sticks out; the kind of character that you can't forget. She's determined and sneaky and plenty of other adjectives - all good ones.

The chemistry Janelle and Ben have together is amazing. Their relationship develops so well, and when Janelle thinks Ben might not be as good as he seems, she's afraid. She doesn't think it's okay just because she maybe-sorta likes him. Their relationship is real, regardless of the sci-fi aspects that brought them together.

Unraveling involves a countdown, so the suspense is constantly present. The countdown at the beginning of each chapter reminds you that no matter what happened in the previous chapter, the danger is still there. The hunt to find out what the countdown is for and then find a way to stop it is always on.

Overall: Suspense. Twists and turns everywhere. Plenty of hot guys. There wasn't a single character I didn't like. There wasn't a single thing about this entire book that I didn't like. Unraveling is deserving of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unraveling.

November 21, 2011 – Shelved
March 16, 2012 – Started Reading
March 16, 2012 –
page 85
18.32% "BEN."
March 19, 2012 –
page 370
79.74% "I think I know how this is going to end, and it's going to make me very sad. :c"
March 20, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
March 20, 2012 – Finished Reading
April 4, 2015 – Shelved as: own

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Simcsa (new)

Simcsa Sounds appealing :)

Suzanne I just finished this today, and nobody had warned me that my heart would be broken. But it was healed a little when I realised there was a sequel :)