Sharon Robards's Reviews > The Missing Girl

The Missing Girl by Jenny  Quintana

bookshelves: contemporary, crime-mystery
Read 2 times. Last read May 5, 2018 to May 6, 2018.

I thought this was a beautifully written novel, which resonated very much.

I’ve had a sister missing for 25 years and have never found a way to describe the profound emotional roller coaster that happens when a sibling goes missing and remains missing for many years. The author, Jenny Quintana, has managed to capture much of what it can be like through her character, Anna Flores, who returns home after the death of her mother to the town where her older sister went missing from 30 years earlier.

Told in duel narratives: when Anna is 12 at the time leading up to and after her sister goes missing and 30 years later when Anna returns after her mother has died, we see Anna trying to piece together the pieces of what happened to her beloved sister, Gabriella. From the first few sentences I couldn’t stop turning the pages, hoping Anna found out what happened to her sister.

Wonderful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing Girl.

Finished Reading
May 5, 2018 – Started Reading
May 5, 2018 – Shelved
May 5, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
May 5, 2018 – Shelved as: crime-mystery
May 6, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

PattyMacDotComma Good review from someone who is better qualified than anyone to say if it hit the mark. I really can't imagine what it must be like not to know, but it's very brave of you to have read this in the first place, Sharon. Well done! (hope that doesn't sound patronising!)

Sharon Robards Thanks Patty. I am kind of fortunate to a degree that I do know how my younger sister was killed, though sadly, just not where they put her after that :(

PattyMacDotComma Sharon wrote: "Thanks Patty. I am kind of fortunate to a degree that I do know how my younger sister was killed, though sadly, just not where they put her after that :("

What a bugger of a thing that is. :(