Brooke — brooklynnnnereads's Reviews > To the Nines

To the Nines by Janet Evanovich

This series is consistently well done, enjoyable, and humorous. I’m happy to say this installment did not disappoint.

I was hesitant to continue reading this series because it had been close to a year and a half since I read the previous novel and thought that I would have forgotten what has happened. Luckily, this book did a quick catch up in the very beginning and my memory was not as bad as I guessed. I have to say that the brief summary in the beginning alluding to what has happened in the previous novels was very helpful. It did not seem obviously repetitive or as if it meant to retell the whole novel, however, it’s a good thing to have for people like me who have read many books in between.

I have to say that this was one of my favourite Stephanie Plum novels. I find as the story progresses, these novels are very character driven. I have become incredibly invested in these characters with their own unique personalities from Morelli to Ranger to Lula to even Grandma Mazur. The crimes/mystery component of these novels can become repetitive and predictable (notsomuch for this installment) so I really do read these novels for the characters.

As for the romance, in similar feelings to the previous novel, I am getting frustrated! In my opinion, I think there is an obvious “endgame” for Stephanie but at the same time, I like both of the male characters vying for her heart. Plus, I have to feel for them because of some of her actions. C’mon girl, don’t lead them on! Anyway, I shall continue reading and hoping that all parties get their act together soon!

I have already ordered the next book in the series because I don’t want another year to go by between books. It was such a fun, quick read and I’m happy to have continued the series (finally).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Nines.

May 5, 2018 – Started Reading
May 5, 2018 – Shelved
May 6, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Hollis (new)

Hollis I hope these continue to be fun for you! I think I only got as far as book two before something shiny distracted me, haha. but I like that you're still seeing depth nine books in, that's a great sign. awesome review!

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads Hollis wrote: "I hope these continue to be fun for you! I think I only got as far as book two before something shiny distracted me, haha. but I like that you're still seeing depth nine books in, that's a great si..."

message 3: by Hollis (new)

Hollis Brooke — brooklynnnnereads wrote: "Haha sometimes the novels can get repetitive and predictable but luckily that wasn’t the case with this one. Plus, I feel committed nine books in, so I’m in it to win it lol. "

#stubborn haha! may the odds be ever in your favour. ; )