Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > The Stand

The Stand by Stephen King

bookshelves: own, horror-etc, favorites

Wow!! So I have had this awesome paperback door stopper for some time. (Gift from friend) I decided to get the audio through the library and of course now I have added it to my Audible wishlist. The narration is freaking awesome! The whole damn book is freaking awesome!

The thing is, I didn't think I would like it because I barely remember the movie and am not sure I liked it. That was a long time ago and who the hell knows! I'm just extremely happy I finally read it.

Yeah! It's long, but most books I read or listen to are so that's neither here nor there. I just loved reading about all of the people and events. And I did laugh at times. YES, scary stories do have some comedy at times. Lol.

Anyhoo, enjoy peeps!!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐾🐺

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stand.

May 1, 2018 – Started Reading
May 5, 2018 – Shelved
May 5, 2018 – Shelved as: own
May 5, 2018 – Shelved as: horror-etc
May 5, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
May 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

message 1: by Antonella (new)

Antonella Sending you love and hugs... Hope you are doing okay...

julianne Hope you enjoy my favorite book ever! <3

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I loved it ❌⭕️

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Fantastic review Melissa :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Holly wrote: "Fantastic review Melissa :)"

TU ❌⭕️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Maddie wrote: "Fabulous review, Melissa love <3 xoxoo x"

TU love ❌⭕️

Carol SUPER review Melissa...as always!! :-)

Marie Awesome review, Melissa! :)

message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Fantastic review Mel! xo

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark Glad you liked it, Melissa. This is one of my favourite Stephen King books.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Marie wrote: "Awesome review, Melissa! :)"

TU ❌⭕️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Tammy wrote: "Fantastic review Mel! xo"

TU hon ❌⭕️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Cheryl wrote: "Glad you liked it, Melissa. This is one of my favourite Stephen King books."

I added it to my favs too ❌⭕️

Malinda I loved this one. The movies/mini-series based on this never actually live up to the book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin This was sooo good. I don't think I will ever watch the movie again. Although, it was years ago and it could have been something else. Sigh.

❌⭕️

message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic I couldn't agree more that some scary stories are funny sometimes. Love your review, dear Mel! 😘💞

message 19: by Bill (new)

Bill Lynas Nice one, Mel. A great review of a great book!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Beatrice wrote: "I couldn't agree more that some scary stories are funny sometimes. Love your review, dear Mel! 😘💞"

I know right 😊 TU love ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Bill wrote: "Nice one, Mel. A great review of a great book!"

TU 😊

Wayne Barrett I'll be reading this one again next month. I absolutely loved it the first time I read it, but that was about 35 years ago, so it will be interesting to see how it sets with me now.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I hope you still love it!! I know you will 😊

Kaceey Fantastic review Melissa! Loved this one too!🤗💕

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin TU ❌⭕️ Glad you did too 😊

message 26: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Fab review Melissa😘❌⭕️

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin TU love ❌⭕️❌⭕️

message 28: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Lewis I blew off school and lived on pizza for two days because I couldn't put this book down. One of my all-time favs. Glad you loved it too Mel!

JV (semi-hiatus) Great to hear you loved this! Awesome review, dear Mel! 😊