Silver James's Reviews > Rough Ride

Rough Ride by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2018-books-read, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, keeper, motorcycle, romance, suspense, reread, 2019-books-read, audio-books
Read 3 times. Last read February 14, 2019 to February 15, 2019.

Rough Ride (Chaos #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #76) by Kristen Ashley First, this is a first listen (because the audio book finally released) but 3rd time through the book. Second, Kate Russell does a terrific job with the narration. Third, Snap/Snapper is the new Black. Cryptic, yes, but spoilers. Rosalie and Snap are so wonderful together. Some things are resolved so the younger generation is moving on. This is nice slice of Chaos life that's very intense but sweet.

August, 2018 update: Why am I reading this book again so soon? Well, it IS Kristen Ashley. And WILD LIKE THE WIND just released. I needed my fix before jumping into the new release. And what I said below? Still stands. Yup. Stands hard and fast. With one addition. There better be an explanation of the picnic table, Tab and Shy, and...all the stuffs! Okay. This one is done. Time to start WLTW! Oh, and when is this puppy coming out in audio?!?

May, 2018 review: I think I hate Kristen Ashely a little bit right now. Okay. Maybe a lot. Because...OMFG!!! The last few paragraphs?!?!?!?! The LAST. FEW. FREAKING. PARAGRAPHS! And the way it ended?!?!?!?

WARNING: DO NOT GO TO THE END OF THE BOOK TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! READ THE BOOK FIRST. TRUST ME!!!!

Okay. I hate cliffhangers, especially when there is no idea when the resolution will appear. If Rosalie and Snap's story isn't finished in the upcoming WILD LIKE THE WIND, I will lose my freaking mind. No. Seriously.

Okay. This book. I'm reviewing this book. It starts out brutal. Seriously brutal. And then it gets sweet. Really sweet. Watching Snap win over Rosalie is...sweet. Not saccarine. Not cheesy. Just...smile softly and get all warm and glowy sweet. Stuff happens with the Club. The overall plot arc is advanced. We get to see the Old Ladies Club in action. We get to see the brothers in action. We learn more about Rosalie and Snap. AND THEN THE FREAKING END!!!!! *pulls hair out*

Read this book. You'll need it, hopefully, to understand what, hopefully, happens in the next book, due July 31, 2018. I can wait. Maybe. With lots of caffeine, chocolate, and maybe tequila shots. Because thats three months away. THREE. MONTHS. AWAY!!

Do NOT start the Chaos series with this book. Nope. Nada. Don't do it. Start at the beginning (MOTORCYCLE MAN) because what a hellava ride!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough Ride.

May 5, 2018 – Started Reading