Heavensent1's Reviews > Nate Rocks the World

Nate Rocks the World by Karen Pokras Toz

Nov 21, 2011

Recommended to Heavensent1 by: ARC
Read from December 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

Nate Rocks The World is a Children's Action/Adventure for ages 9 -12.

Nathan Rockledge is your typical ten year old boy. He feels his hair is too red, his freckles too many and his size too scrawny, however, put a pad of paper and a pencil in his hands and Nate could rule the world.

Nathan's older sister, Abby, is bossy and drives Nate crazy, his dad is always going on about when he was a boy and Nate's mom cannot cook anything that doesn't taste like cardboard and the thing is, his mom has no clue to her lack of culinary experience.

Things in Nate's real life don't always go as planned, like how he has to do his science fair project with a girl but not just ANY girl, but Lisa Crane, the only girl he did not wish to be matched up with!! Nor does he get along very well with Abby and when they each get a package for Christmas that tells them they are about to embark on a trip, his sister whines and moans about not having anything to wear while Nate is thinking about all the exciting and endless possibilities this trip could incur.

Whenever Nate needs a break from his reality, he picks up his trusty pencil and creates the situation in a positive way in which it usually works in Nate's favour, unlike his real life situations.

I found this to be a highly imaginative and creative story and enjoyed reading it. I thought the imagination of Nate and how he related to the world around him was hilarious and entertaining. I think this would make an excellent movie for children to view as I would love to see his imaginations come to life.

I enjoyed reading about each of the characters and how they interacted with Nate. I loved the outcomes of most of his situations and how he accepted each curve ball thrown at him. You will read how he hits a home run in the greatest baseball game in history to his travels in space, there is nothing found within the pages that will not impress your children to continue reading.

I would give Nate Rocks The World a five out of five stars for its imaginative creativity and how one could almost imagine it on the big screen, right down to which children could play the roles involved. Author Karen Pokras Toz has written a great book that is guaranteed to keep your young reader enthralled right to the very end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nate Rocks the World.